“Absolutely the best for your money” 5 of 5 stars

South Beach Place
1705 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Buffalo, New York
“Absolutely the best for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

As one of 5 adult children frequently making trips to Vero to visit our aging parents, I think SBP could not be better for our situation. Our suite is clean, tidy, and comfortable. The grounds are always well kept. Pool is clean and heated! This is the best place to camp out while visiting the assisted living facility. Wife and daughter can go to the beach while I run errands for my folks.
Andres and Caroline could not have been nicer. On the day we left, my 5 year old daughter needed to give Andres a big hug.

This is a great place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I have been going to this motel for years. We absolutely love it. Friendly staff, they are always updating rooms. The beach is across the road, nothing better than the sound of the ocean at night! There are outdoor BBQs as well as little tables with shade and chairs that you can hang out at by the pool. Great atmosphere. Sad that our favourite couple who ran it is gone, we'll see how this year is without them. I'd be quite happy if not too many of you go, I want to make sure there is always room for us in March hahaha!
The couch in the living room (in most rooms) is a pull out, and the beds are comfy. There is a small dresser in the bedroom, but know that there is no bedroom door. The bedroom is in the back of the motel room, with walls secioning it off, but like I said, no door. The TV is in the living room, there are ceiling fans in living and bedroom. Kitchenette is great, just enough space for the week. Love this place!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Eastham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great location, great pool area, 3 minute walk to a great beach, and superb management team that bend over backwards to make you happy during your stay. We were ther for 11 nights in january and loved everything about it. Old Florida with well maintained grounds, pool, and older but extremely clean rooms. We hope to be back asap!!

Room Tip: Second floor will be quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Quite possibly One the worst places I ever stayed at this price. Had better at $ 50.00 a night. Small 25 in. tv in sitting area. No tv. In bedroom area. One small inefficient dresser for clothes. No central air or heat; small window ac in bedroom, small portable space heater for heat. No jacuzzi, and not on beach. Advertised wifi didn't work 3/4 of time! Don't get sucked in by their web site photos. Stove in kitchen area very obsolete.

Room Tip: Pay just a little more in Vero Beach and get alot more!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I try to always stay at this motel while on business trips to Vero Beach. I can say that the rooms and grounds have never looked so good. The access to the beach and local restaurants makes staying here an easy choose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I decided to go to Vero Beach as a weekend escape from the insanity of Miami. I chose South Beach Place because it's pet-friendly (I brought along my dog) and the great reviews, and I'm really glad that I did. The hotel rooms are nothing like the cookie-cutter hotel rooms you'll find in other places, with the retro design, full kitchen, and interesting furniture. I took full adnvatage of the free bike rentals, the heated pool, and the mini-library, and I loved being so close to the beach. I plan on making Vero Beach my destination whenever I feel like taking a break from Miami, and South Beach Place will definitely be my first hotel choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
vero beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We are in love and hope to come back every year!! Reminds us of wonderful little hotels in Costa Rica! We chose to celebrate our 10 year anniversary there (and on the beach) and couldn't be happier!! We had three other couples stay and it was very accommodating. Incredible service by Andres (felt like part of a family - even patient with all of our kids -11 in total one day). Rooms are decorated with vintage furniture that can be purchased! Heated pool and grill and shuffle board courts. Beach cruisers to borrow (we biked to dinner and pizza). Beach is a quick walk and beautiful. We are locals to Vero and this was like a vacation without the drive!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family