“Visiting family, terrific place for all.” 5 of 5 stars

South Beach Place
1705 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
St. Petersburg Florida
“Visiting family, terrific place for all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been trying to stay here for years but it is usually full, especially in season. They had room in Nov and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms are well decorated, sparse, clean and airy and have enough materials to make your stay pleasant. We used the outdoor cooking area for hot dogs one night, great! The pool area is just the right size and there is beach access and park across the street for your touch of the ocean. Overall, South Beach is a terrific place to stay. There's a pizza place 2 blocks away and we played in the large front yard until they delivered. We had a terrific visit and we look forward to staying at South Beach again. Staff was pleasant and attentive when needed. BJ and Bill

Room Tip: Each room has a different decor which makes it fun for repeat visits. The room was very clean and w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

this is our second trip/review and once again we were very happy. New owners are making some positive improvements on what already is a great little place to escape. The rooms remain clean and comfortable and the pool area is still perfect for a relaxing day with enough sun and shade to make for a fun and relaxing week.

Room Tip: we like the second floor...nice overlooking the pool area and less foot traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a great place to stay and unwind in Vero Beach. It is out of the way of busy Route 60 and very, very close to the public South Beach. We stayed here on a regular basis between 2009 and 2010 and cannot say enough about the consistent quality. Each time we stayed, the room and bathrooms were immaculately clean. The water hot with good water pressure. The kitchen and living areas well appointed in a quirky retro-style that works. The grounds are quiet. I believe because the owners live right there and are constantly about (this is not a "spring break party" type place). The pool was beautiful winter and summer. If you can, stay here. There are other very highly rated(and expensive) resorts and condos in Vero, but you won't find any place better for a couple or family on a budget!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our daugther, son-in-law, and two grandkids ages 3 and 5 stayed here for the week. They loved it and we enjoyed spending time there. Pool area nice with great outdoor prep are and BBQ. Could not have been easier for us. Beach just across the street. Rooms were very clean and charming in decor. Hotel staff were attentive and could not do enough!

Room Tip: small two story l-shaped hotel- hard to go wrong with choice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had to be in Vero for two days in late June, and chose this over anything glitzier ... because I just wanted to let my hair down and relax. South Beach Place is perfect for that. I loved the charming "consignment chic" decor ... which completed the 50s feel. Great management: I was actually "welcomed" to my room and given a number if I needed anything else. I did. Wi-fi was asking for a code no one had ... but the trusty hard-wire internet worked fine. Beach is a short walk away, across Ocean Drive, on walkways through the seagrape. Monday and Tuesday I had the beach virtually to myself. Quiet part of Vero, short drive away from restaurants. In all, this is the sort of place where you are forgiving about some details, because the rest is so "regenerating!" Will definitely come back once a month ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at South Beach Place (Aug 3 - 5) and found the accomodations absolutely charming!! The room was immaculately clean and well-stocked with everyday kitchen utensils, seasonings, ice, dish detergent and even cooking spices and all manner of serving dishes/wine glasses, etc. The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac (private/non-noisy road) and is surrounded by lush landscaping, with direct access to the beach and protected state park/property. Best of all...no tall buildings obstruct your view.

We found the staff very accomodating (they even provided charcoal for grilling and propane and BBQ utensils), along with an array of suntan lotions, magazines, books and bicycles for touring this quaint beach-side, i.e. all the conveniences of home. And, the management is on staff at all-times, available 24/7, so anything we needed was just a doorbell-ring away (including a last minute request for an air-mattress to accomodate an extra guest).

The atmosphere was fantastic. The hotel is a hidden gem. I am definitely returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was invited there to attend a birthday celebration. We all live in South Florida where there are a gazillion hotels so I was a little mistified that I had to travel so far for a hotel on the beach but someone told me that if you travel more than two hours from home then your brain registers it as a real trip and indeed that's how it works. I've gone to plenty of hotels near my house and I never felt as I really disconnected. Anywas, the hotel is staffed by super friendly staff, the rooms are large and comfortable. Actually, they're more like suites or apartments since there is a living room, a small dining table and even a fully equipped kitchennette. The rooms are eclectically decorated. A real SoBe touch, excuse the pun. They hit all the basics -- clean room, hot water, comfortable bed with good linen, fresh towels, etc. Everything you would expect from a top rated hotel..

Now the intangibles -- great vibe in the hotel. The pool was warm and inviting, the beach was a two minute walk away and it was beautiful (with lifeguards on duty -- a plus for parents). There's even an outdoor kitchen by the pool to cook up some juicy burgers (which we did).

All in all a great experience. Why leave South Florida? To reallly disconnect and decompress. I came for the birthday celebration but I'll retun to recharge my batteries!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to South Beach Place? Share your experiences!