“We spent a lot of time in Vero visiting family and loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Beach Place

Save Saved
You added South Beach Place to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
South Beach Place
1705 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
New York City, New York
“We spent a lot of time in Vero visiting family and loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a great place to stay and unwind in Vero Beach. It is out of the way of busy Route 60 and very, very close to the public South Beach. We stayed here on a regular basis between 2009 and 2010 and cannot say enough about the consistent quality. Each time we stayed, the room and bathrooms were immaculately clean. The water hot with good water pressure. The kitchen and living areas well appointed in a quirky retro-style that works. The grounds are quiet. I believe because the owners live right there and are constantly about (this is not a "spring break party" type place). The pool was beautiful winter and summer. If you can, stay here. There are other very highly rated(and expensive) resorts and condos in Vero, but you won't find any place better for a couple or family on a budget!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our daugther, son-in-law, and two grandkids ages 3 and 5 stayed here for the week. They loved it and we enjoyed spending time there. Pool area nice with great outdoor prep are and BBQ. Could not have been easier for us. Beach just across the street. Rooms were very clean and charming in decor. Hotel staff were attentive and could not do enough!

Room Tip: small two story l-shaped hotel- hard to go wrong with choice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had to be in Vero for two days in late June, and chose this over anything glitzier ... because I just wanted to let my hair down and relax. South Beach Place is perfect for that. I loved the charming "consignment chic" decor ... which completed the 50s feel. Great management: I was actually "welcomed" to my room and given a number if I needed anything else. I did. Wi-fi was asking for a code no one had ... but the trusty hard-wire internet worked fine. Beach is a short walk away, across Ocean Drive, on walkways through the seagrape. Monday and Tuesday I had the beach virtually to myself. Quiet part of Vero, short drive away from restaurants. In all, this is the sort of place where you are forgiving about some details, because the rest is so "regenerating!" Will definitely come back once a month ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at South Beach Place (Aug 3 - 5) and found the accomodations absolutely charming!! The room was immaculately clean and well-stocked with everyday kitchen utensils, seasonings, ice, dish detergent and even cooking spices and all manner of serving dishes/wine glasses, etc. The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac (private/non-noisy road) and is surrounded by lush landscaping, with direct access to the beach and protected state park/property. Best of all...no tall buildings obstruct your view.

We found the staff very accomodating (they even provided charcoal for grilling and propane and BBQ utensils), along with an array of suntan lotions, magazines, books and bicycles for touring this quaint beach-side, i.e. all the conveniences of home. And, the management is on staff at all-times, available 24/7, so anything we needed was just a doorbell-ring away (including a last minute request for an air-mattress to accomodate an extra guest).

The atmosphere was fantastic. The hotel is a hidden gem. I am definitely returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was invited there to attend a birthday celebration. We all live in South Florida where there are a gazillion hotels so I was a little mistified that I had to travel so far for a hotel on the beach but someone told me that if you travel more than two hours from home then your brain registers it as a real trip and indeed that's how it works. I've gone to plenty of hotels near my house and I never felt as I really disconnected. Anywas, the hotel is staffed by super friendly staff, the rooms are large and comfortable. Actually, they're more like suites or apartments since there is a living room, a small dining table and even a fully equipped kitchennette. The rooms are eclectically decorated. A real SoBe touch, excuse the pun. They hit all the basics -- clean room, hot water, comfortable bed with good linen, fresh towels, etc. Everything you would expect from a top rated hotel..

Now the intangibles -- great vibe in the hotel. The pool was warm and inviting, the beach was a two minute walk away and it was beautiful (with lifeguards on duty -- a plus for parents). There's even an outdoor kitchen by the pool to cook up some juicy burgers (which we did).

All in all a great experience. Why leave South Florida? To reallly disconnect and decompress. I came for the birthday celebration but I'll retun to recharge my batteries!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews on T.A., thought we'd try this place on a weekend trip to Vero Beach...sorry, but we were very disappointed. After being shown to our room by the Manager (nice touch and very nice Mgr), we first noticed that the living room tile was buckled. We let the Mgr know and were told that this was something new, but no other rooms were available. My opinion is that this could not have gone unnoticed since the grout had been cleaned up. Next, tried to access the wireless internet (free), but no luck. Manager tried to help fix it, but we ended up with a long cable to plug directly into the was outlet (no wireless). The environment was also pretty bad..loud people in the pool at 11:30pm on Fri, party atmosphere on Saturday complete with boom boxes and people with open room doors playing loud music. (note..all rooms open onto the pool area). Office hours are only until 5:00pm (2pm on Sat), so who do you complain too? The noise in the evening was no problem when it came to sleeping however, ..the loud air conditioner drowned it out. Couple all that with no curtains on the windows (only blinds) and you got very little sleep...especially after the sun came up. Finally, Beach is not directly across the street. You have to cross the street, thru a parking lot and down a boardwalk before you see the Ocean..about 200 yds All in all..won't be back. Final note: We were refunded 10% on the rental due to the tile problem. Only thing that kept a lower rating away was the cleanliness of the room.

Room Tip: Try another place if you'd like a quite stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for my birthday. It could not have been more perfect! The decor, which is unique to each room, suits the 2 story 50's building. I loved the table and chairs out in front of our apartment and had tea each morning there. Even in July the direct ocean breeze was cool. The entire atmosphere is very friendly and warm, like you are coming home. The lovely big old pool, super clean as was the entire property. We were driving up late from Miami Beach we were told to just go up to our room as the office would be closed. Our room was lit, a/c on (very quite modern wall unit) with the key on the table. Everything was spotless. I was surprised to see a small kitchen and realize for the very affordable price it was a one bed apartment not a room. We loved the outdoor kitchen for the guests and had a great bar-b-que one night pool side. Again do to the direct ocean breeze it was cool and bug free. This is by far the best hotel we have ever booked in Florida. As we live on South Beach we like to get away from the "scene". If you are looking for David and Victoria Beckenham to be your neighbors this in NOT the place for you. If you are looking for true old Florida laid back comfort and charm, this IS for you. We can't wait for our British family to come over so we can bring them here. Its super close to Cape Canaveral and a hour-ish drive to Mickey's House. We are booking again now!!!

Room Tip: Every room has different decor and a lovely pool view. Next time we will take a ground floor unit s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Beach Place? Share your experiences!