“Charming Hotel with South Beach Deco Style” 5 of 5 stars

South Beach Place
1705 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“Charming Hotel with South Beach Deco Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at South Beach Place (Aug 3 - 5) and found the accomodations absolutely charming!! The room was immaculately clean and well-stocked with everyday kitchen utensils, seasonings, ice, dish detergent and even cooking spices and all manner of serving dishes/wine glasses, etc. The hotel is located on a cul-de-sac (private/non-noisy road) and is surrounded by lush landscaping, with direct access to the beach and protected state park/property. Best of all...no tall buildings obstruct your view.

We found the staff very accomodating (they even provided charcoal for grilling and propane and BBQ utensils), along with an array of suntan lotions, magazines, books and bicycles for touring this quaint beach-side, i.e. all the conveniences of home. And, the management is on staff at all-times, available 24/7, so anything we needed was just a doorbell-ring away (including a last minute request for an air-mattress to accomodate an extra guest).

The atmosphere was fantastic. The hotel is a hidden gem. I am definitely returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was invited there to attend a birthday celebration. We all live in South Florida where there are a gazillion hotels so I was a little mistified that I had to travel so far for a hotel on the beach but someone told me that if you travel more than two hours from home then your brain registers it as a real trip and indeed that's how it works. I've gone to plenty of hotels near my house and I never felt as I really disconnected. Anywas, the hotel is staffed by super friendly staff, the rooms are large and comfortable. Actually, they're more like suites or apartments since there is a living room, a small dining table and even a fully equipped kitchennette. The rooms are eclectically decorated. A real SoBe touch, excuse the pun. They hit all the basics -- clean room, hot water, comfortable bed with good linen, fresh towels, etc. Everything you would expect from a top rated hotel..

Now the intangibles -- great vibe in the hotel. The pool was warm and inviting, the beach was a two minute walk away and it was beautiful (with lifeguards on duty -- a plus for parents). There's even an outdoor kitchen by the pool to cook up some juicy burgers (which we did).

All in all a great experience. Why leave South Florida? To reallly disconnect and decompress. I came for the birthday celebration but I'll retun to recharge my batteries!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews on T.A., thought we'd try this place on a weekend trip to Vero Beach...sorry, but we were very disappointed. After being shown to our room by the Manager (nice touch and very nice Mgr), we first noticed that the living room tile was buckled. We let the Mgr know and were told that this was something new, but no other rooms were available. My opinion is that this could not have gone unnoticed since the grout had been cleaned up. Next, tried to access the wireless internet (free), but no luck. Manager tried to help fix it, but we ended up with a long cable to plug directly into the was outlet (no wireless). The environment was also pretty bad..loud people in the pool at 11:30pm on Fri, party atmosphere on Saturday complete with boom boxes and people with open room doors playing loud music. (note..all rooms open onto the pool area). Office hours are only until 5:00pm (2pm on Sat), so who do you complain too? The noise in the evening was no problem when it came to sleeping however, ..the loud air conditioner drowned it out. Couple all that with no curtains on the windows (only blinds) and you got very little sleep...especially after the sun came up. Finally, Beach is not directly across the street. You have to cross the street, thru a parking lot and down a boardwalk before you see the Ocean..about 200 yds All in all..won't be back. Final note: We were refunded 10% on the rental due to the tile problem. Only thing that kept a lower rating away was the cleanliness of the room.

Room Tip: Try another place if you'd like a quite stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for my birthday. It could not have been more perfect! The decor, which is unique to each room, suits the 2 story 50's building. I loved the table and chairs out in front of our apartment and had tea each morning there. Even in July the direct ocean breeze was cool. The entire atmosphere is very friendly and warm, like you are coming home. The lovely big old pool, super clean as was the entire property. We were driving up late from Miami Beach we were told to just go up to our room as the office would be closed. Our room was lit, a/c on (very quite modern wall unit) with the key on the table. Everything was spotless. I was surprised to see a small kitchen and realize for the very affordable price it was a one bed apartment not a room. We loved the outdoor kitchen for the guests and had a great bar-b-que one night pool side. Again do to the direct ocean breeze it was cool and bug free. This is by far the best hotel we have ever booked in Florida. As we live on South Beach we like to get away from the "scene". If you are looking for David and Victoria Beckenham to be your neighbors this in NOT the place for you. If you are looking for true old Florida laid back comfort and charm, this IS for you. We can't wait for our British family to come over so we can bring them here. Its super close to Cape Canaveral and a hour-ish drive to Mickey's House. We are booking again now!!!

Room Tip: Every room has different decor and a lovely pool view. Next time we will take a ground floor unit s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Weekend getaway couldn't have been better! I loved my chic room, it's view to the pool area and best of all the fabulous beach. Powdery soft sand and tanning in the beautiful ocean. Nearby restaurants and downtown area are a bike ride away. Sunrise walks and sunset jogs...I could truly go on and on. It's a must-do...believe me.

Room Tip: Each room is decorated differently...very inviting. Plenty of sunlight and spacious. There is a ki...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I thought I'd take my husband away for a 'birthday' getaway and although we didn't travel too far from home, we felt like we were on a island in paradise! We loved South Beach Inn and all of it's charm! The room was delightful and decorated in shabby, vintage...which just added to the charm. The grounds were like that of a tropical island....plumeria in bloom and wild jasmine that could take your breath away. The seagrapes and coconut palms that surrounded the pool were beautiful. It was a home away from home....clean, cute, charming. The staff was remarkable! I'm only sad that we were only able to stay for two nights. We will however, be back again. My birthday is in September and I'm already making plans...this time we will be bringing along some friends! South Beach Inn is a must stay.... I promise you will feel like you are on a private island in paradise! Job well done!!! The South Beach Pizzeria gets a '10' as well!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel and grounds are getting somewhat long in the tooth, but the value is great, especially with good beach access just across the road. Nothing was horrible about the room - window unit air conditioner didn't bother us sound sleepers. We needed a hair dryer, but no one was at the desk on Sunday at 10am- that's where ball caps come in! So - great if you want an inexpensive, safe area, and don't mind an old-feel FL motel. No real complaints.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to South Beach Place? Share your experiences!