“Deceived by website pictures” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Turtle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vero Beach
Sea Turtle Inn
You added Sea Turtle Inn to your Saves list
835 Azalea Lane, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Homestead, Florida
“Deceived by website pictures”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my first time writing a review. I don't like to complain about much, but I felt like I had to write about my experience. When I was shopping for a hotel in Vero Beach, I came across Sea Turtle. I wanted an apartment so I clicked on the website apartment link. Several pictures came up that show a nice looking, modern room. I assumed they represented all the apartments. I booked my room based on these pictures and the reasonable price. When I opened the door to my room, I thought I was in the wrong hotel. It looked nothing like the pictures. Besides the flat screen tv, I don't think much was updated since the 80's. Besides the old and worn out look of the apartment, there were other problems. The "king size" bed from the room description was really two single beds put together on a king frame. On top of that, they were very hard and uncomfortable. I didn't have one good sleep in four nights there. The ac units were small wall hangers that made alot of noise. The smoke alarm in the kitchen was hanging out of the ceiling by the electrical wires. The couch had a cover over it and that I didn't want to look under. My wife found a large cockroach I had to kill in the bathroom. They had no paper towels, sponges or dish soap. We had to go out and buy those the next day. I thought that is pretty standard for an apartment. The next day, I went to the office to ask about the rooms I saw on the website. The man working there said only two rooms were renovated and those were the rooms shown on the website. Of course, those two rooms were occupied so I couldn't move. I was there for a wedding and I knew many other guests staying there. If it wasn't for that I would have checked out and found another hotel. I just feel like I was very misled by the website pictures. If you only have two rooms that are updated then make them a deluxe apartment for a higher price so your customer knows not all rooms are like that. I have to say the staff was friendly and the location is good because there are a few places to eat and shop within walking distance. But if you care about having a nice room, I wouldn't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I think the room we checked in to must have been the last one waiting for a remodel. It was very dated, no carpet, and had a shabby used feel and a cleaning fluid smell. We ended up leaving right away. The place is cute from the outside, but needs an infusion of cash to update the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This is a cute boutique hotel with a few room type options. We stayed in room 10 on the second floor. It was a beautifully recently remodeled two bedroom two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. We could have easily moved in for a month. Bring your own shampoo because only soap is provided. Our only concern was that the walls are very thin, so you can hear the neighbors. Overall though, I will definitely go back and I would recommend it to others!

• Stayed December 2012
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We come to Vero often and always stay at the Sea Turtle, The staff is wonderful very knowledgeable and friendly. We have stayed in several different hotel rooms and apartments every one of them was clean, comfortable, and spacious! You cant go wrong with the location everything is in walking distance and the rates are very reasonable. So if you travel to Vero beach you must give this adorable little Inn a try!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is GREAT!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was first impressed by the young lady at the desk, Sarah who took my late night call and gave me directions to the property. She was extremely knowledgeable about the area, kind, and very helpful in getting me comfortably to my room (upstairs #7). The room was spacious, clean and well equiped with amenities that were helpful to me throughout the week. When I visited the office on two occassions Sarah was demonstrating the same kindness and professionalism to other guests with special needs. Throughout the week's stay I witnessed the small staff (Sarah and her housekeeper) giving attention to the rooms and grounds in preparation for what may have become a tropical storm. It is very evident that these girls care deeply about the well being of the Sea Turtle Inn. Both of them made my stay enjoyable and left a lasting positive impression on me. I will most definately return.

Room Tip: Staff willing to show comparisons available
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We find info about this hotel in it's facebokk page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Turtle-Inn/373458686056462 and we decided to saty there in our summer vacation
Great location, only two blocks to the beach, the staff is awesome they were very helpfull we all the request, the room are very clean and trust me I am very pcky with this.
hope you find thie helpfull.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay and believe the Sea Turtle Inn is a great value in a great town. Your location is convenient to the beach but just far enough away to offer some seclusion. The rooms are older but spacious and with features that families with kids look for like a microwave, medium refrigerator and a few plates and glasses. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family