We have stayed at the Driftwood a few times on RCI exchanges and we always liked it. Great location right on the beach and nice walking to the little 'beachside downtown' area of shops and restaurants. Staying there many years ago for the first time got us to really know and like the Vero area, and we ended up buying a condo in another part of town. But on most condo visits to Vero, we end up at the Driftwood if only to walk through and soak up the quirky ambiance.
One of our most memorable trips was with our then young kids, and we thoroughly enjoyed having them walk right out of the slider door onto the oceanfront deck and then down to the beach. There's also a nice public park right next door to the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, eclectic oceanfront resort with two of its buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. 100 rooms and suites of varying sizes all with some kitchen facilities. Old Florida at its best, rocking chairs in front of every unit to gaze at the ocean while enjoying a beverage from the on site restaurant, Waldo's, the last of the Great American Hangouts! With 9 buildings on the property, there is something to please nearly every taste. Located right in the heart of the beach business district there are more than a dozen restaurants and lounges within walking distance and a newly renovated city park right next door with wonderful playground equipment for the kids. Join us for fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Driftwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Vero Beach
- Driftwood Resort Vero Beach