“Poor service and mediocre food” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wave Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 266 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bouganvillia Lane
Description: ~Simple, Savory, Seaside~ The Wave Kitchen & Bar, offers an ocean-front dining space with amazing views of the Atlantic. The restaurant offers a menu directly sourced from local farmers, fishermen and artisanal purveyors. The Wave concept was designed to offer a dining experience similar to what one would encounter at a hospitable and cozy dinner party at a friend’s home with generous attention to detail. The open kitchen and customizable selections aim to engage guests.The Wave will also feature select Cuban specialties developed by Costa’s owners,Emilio and Gloria Estefan,form their Estefan Kitchen cookbook.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Poor service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had high hopes as pretty restaurant. The salad was good so we were optimistic. But then we were waiting and waiting for dinner. Over 30 minutes and finally asked the waiter what the situation was. We asked someone else if we could get complimentary glass of wine and they agreed. The meal was very average and pricey. But the worst thing was our waiter. Very phony. Kept thanking us when we would order and then he made a speech at the end on how pleased he would be to serve us again. Please!!!! It was over the top.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne FL
“one of many Gems at Costa D-Este”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner you will be pleased. I am a scrambled egg fanatic and here i found the tastiest scrambled eggs i have ever had!! How about a Salmon BLT for lunch and any number of delights for dinner. We recommend you start off with the Paella. if you are very hunger get the order for two but next time we will get an order for one and split it so we can order two or three other items too!! Go!! the Wave is worth driving an hour from my home just for dinner!!

Visited January 2013
“Have eaten there several times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Latin American dishes are fantastic. So it the steak. Good ceviche. Overall the food is terrific, nice looking dining room overlooking the pool area and the ocean beyond it. Had a mahi mahi dish that was average at best. But like any other restaurant, not everything is going to be over the top. Still one of my favorites eats.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful flavors, great attention to detail.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Although there are items to suit the surf-and-turf crowd, make sure to try the Cuban specialties and seafood.

chapel hill nc
“Not a top ten Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I decided to go out for dinner on Christmas and since many restaurants were closed for the Holiday we decided to try one of the higher rated and more exspensive dining options in Vero Beach.The reviews posted would lead one to believe this restaurant was superior across the board.unfortunately that was not our experience. My wife sat down and her chair had spilled sauce on one side which she sat on.We ordered Calamari for an app. and I really enjoyed it my wife thought it needed a spicy sauce to dip with.Their sauce selection was mild with very little flavor.I ordered Paella for one,I enjoyed it,very tasty,I would have preferred the sausage in lg.pieces rather in small cubes,and the chicken in pieces as well,rather than the Chinese style chicken bites served. My wife ordered Ropa Vieja very salty,and not up to par with the same dish served in many other Vero Beach restaurants for half the price.I had fresh fruit for dessert,my wife had flourless Choc.cake,which my wife ordered based on previous reviews.She did not think it was an extraodinary or favorful choice.For a dinner check with a glass of wine and a Scotch / water we spent before tax $ 99.00 Our service was ok,Blake was a good waiter,Our feeling is this restaurant does not deserved to be in the top ten of Vero Beach,we have dined in many of the top twenty in this area and most ot them are way above this location in Food quality, Food preperation,and presentation.

• Visited December 2012