For the second time in two years, we've just thoroughly enjoyed our second 10-day stay at Sea Spray Inn, having first found this gem last summer, thanks to the owners' excellent website.
As usual, the owners were very friendly and always helpful and accomodating. They really strive to make one's stay as enjoyable as possible, whether it means pointing a guest toward the many interesting local attractions and activities or just ensuring a serene atmosphere for peace and quiet.
Some of our favorite things about Sea Spray Inn:
1. Our room had a simple and attractive elegance, plenty of space and a very convenient kitchenette. Like many of the rooms, it has a large window overlooking the luxurious landscaping of the intimate and quiet courtyard. The room was serviced well by the housekeeping ladies who were always friendly and helpful.
2. Sitting at one of the umbrella-shaded tables in the tree-shaded courtyard eating a scrumptious take-out meal from the nearby South Beach Pizzeria (5 times this trip!). Some of the best Italian food I've ever had! They're located just a quarter-mile away.
3. In the evening, spending an hour or two in a lounge chair on the roof-top deck while the constant sea breeze would blow softly through the palm trees
4. Taking a long walk each morning through the interesting side streets and admiring the beautiful homes and gorgeous live oaks and other vegetation. It was so nice to come back and take a dip in the crystal clear pool that always seemed to be the perfect temperature.
5. As an alternative to the pool, we would sometimes opt for a dip in the similarly comfortable ocean water at South Beach Park beach, a mere 2-minute walk from the Inn. We watched as fishermen regularly caught pompano and other species from the beach.
6. Using a couple of the Inn's bikes, we rode a couple of miles into the heart of the island's main street and stopping at an excellent bakery for some pastry which we ate at their sidewalk tables
7. Also on the island, the Boardwalk Ice Cream shop is about 3 miles from the Inn and one can sit and watch the ocean while enjoying the best ice cream in the area. That's just my opinion, but I've tried many of them....
8. The Inn's location is convenient to the bridge, so trips onto the mainland of Vero Beach for shopping or dining are very easy
There's much to love about Sea Spray Inn and the nice memories will keep us going while we look forward to returning there. Kudos to the owners for a creating a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our old Florida style inn promises to transfer you to thoughts of a simpler time amidst cool ocean breezes and a tropical setting. We offer an unmatched variety of accommodations providing beach side comfort at affordable rates, giving you the most enjoyable vacation experience. All of our 17 unique, studio and one bedroom suites have a fully equipped kitchen. Relax and enjoy our large roof deck overlooking our tropical courtyard and heated pool. The unique charm of our tropical retreat with hometown hospitality is what keeps our guests coming back again and again! We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sea Spray Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Vero Beach
- Sea Spray Gardens Hotel