“Come see the real Florida!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 50 Activities in Vero Beach
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
“Come see the real Florida!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I decided that after numerous trips to Florida it was time to try out an airboat ride with my family. Little did I know that this would be probably the most incredible time we've had down there yet! Captain Chris took my wife, my two sons(12 & 7 ) and I on the most beautiful, fun, and informative trip through the marshes of Florida. Captain Chris spent plenty of time telling us the history of the area, pointing out the incredible wildlife, and taking us to some of the most scenic places we could have ever imagined. We were able to see Bald eagles, Osprey, Great Blue Herons, even a trio of Whooping Cranes. Oh..Did I mention the GATORS!?! WOW!! We saw numerous gators! Everything from 6-7' gators to little hatchlings! My kids were floored!!
I am a professional photographer whose specialty is wildlife and landscape photography and when Chris saw the cameras come out he was very good about affording me plenty of chances to shoot some of my favorite images from Florida to date!
I wish all my friends here in Michigan could get the chance to take a tour with Captain Chris and the Old Florida Airboat company. Hopefully this review will help you decide to choose them, they are an incredible company.
One more thing to mention. Captain Chris's boat is NOT one of those big giant 12 person boats. His is smaller which means he can take you where the others can't! It also means he can cater to YOU and not sacrifice quality of tour for quantity of riders. Keep that in mind. When you choose the Old Florida tour it is like having your own airboat!

Visited April 2013

New Hampshire, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Gators, history and the wind in your hair!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent 2 hour plus trip with Captain Chris! My fiancé and I called Chris last minute on our short trip visiting the Port St Lucie area to see if he had any time available. Chris was very helpful over the phone and I got a good feeling me made the right choice in choosing him over the larger, cheaper airboat rides in the area. We got an afternoon full of gators and a great ride full of interesting facts about the area. Captain Chris was a delight! Well worth the money. We didn't just get a half hour fast tour we got two plus hours of relaxed touring! Highly recommended!!! We will definitely go back again!

Visited April 2013
Trenton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Great Tour in Blue Cypress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My father and I went on a 2-hour tour in Blue Cypress on St. Patrick's Day afternoon. Captain Chris was at the designated spot ahead of time, all ready to go, and gave us good directions to get there. He even advised us to move our rental car to the opposite side of the street to avoid debris form other airboats launching nearby.
The tour itself was great. The airboat is the perfect size: not to small to make you nervous, but not too big to take the fun out of it.
The scenery is beautiful, and we saw numerous birds and three or four baby alligators. Chris made three or four stops along the way, telling us stories and giving information about the area. He's very personable, and we felt at ease the entire time.
Although it's pricey, the tour is worth it; you get a personal touch, and are able to go to areas that larger "touristy" boats cannot go. When I return to the area, I hope to book a tour with Chris in another location. Thanks, Chris, for a great time!

Visited March 2013
Berks County, Pa
“Above and Beyond Our Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Words cannot describe our wonderful day spent with Captian Chris. A "real" airboat ride was on my husband's bucket list and that is what we were given along with the beauty of the Everglades. The knowledge, friendliness, and experience of Chris completed our extended ride. Chris - we hope you know how much we appreciated your time spent with us. We will talk about our experience for years to come. When we are able to visit Florida again, another ride with you will be at the top of our list. I could ramble on about how amazing the adventure was but will just say this - call Chris, book a ride, enjoy the natural and beautiful scenery of the area, relax under the professional care of a guide with an awesome personality and you will not be dissappointed!

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
“Thrilling, yet relaxing airboat ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My son booked this tour, so I didn't know what to expect. Captain Chris was waiting for us, as promised and we promptly took off for our "Sunset Cruise." (We did have to climb into the boat and up onto chairs, so I would not recommend this tour for those with limited mobility.)

We wore ear protection provided by the captain, so points of interest were pointed out by gestures, then discussed during the breaks we took to quietly take in the nature and beauty of our surroundings. I had inquired about feral pigs, so the captain made a point to have us stop and check out some trails of the pigs, deer, and other land animals. We saw a few alligators in the 8 foot range, some smaller ones, and numerous varieties of waterfowl.

The Captain was a wonderful storyteller and gave numerous accounts of local history and natural phenomena.
The water was fresh and the wonderful aroma of orange groves filled the air. (I felt like I was living "Soaring over California" while in Florida in real life!) The water was still so it reflected the clouds and sky like it was a mirror!
Thanks Chris, for a wonderful afternoon. We will be back to further explore wild and natural Florida!

Visited February 2013