“Great Tour in Blue Cypress” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Boat Tours
Attraction Details
Trenton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Great Tour in Blue Cypress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My father and I went on a 2-hour tour in Blue Cypress on St. Patrick's Day afternoon. Captain Chris was at the designated spot ahead of time, all ready to go, and gave us good directions to get there. He even advised us to move our rental car to the opposite side of the street to avoid debris form other airboats launching nearby.
The tour itself was great. The airboat is the perfect size: not to small to make you nervous, but not too big to take the fun out of it.
The scenery is beautiful, and we saw numerous birds and three or four baby alligators. Chris made three or four stops along the way, telling us stories and giving information about the area. He's very personable, and we felt at ease the entire time.
Although it's pricey, the tour is worth it; you get a personal touch, and are able to go to areas that larger "touristy" boats cannot go. When I return to the area, I hope to book a tour with Chris in another location. Thanks, Chris, for a great time!

Visited March 2013

Berks County, Pa
“Above and Beyond Our Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Words cannot describe our wonderful day spent with Captian Chris. A "real" airboat ride was on my husband's bucket list and that is what we were given along with the beauty of the Everglades. The knowledge, friendliness, and experience of Chris completed our extended ride. Chris - we hope you know how much we appreciated your time spent with us. We will talk about our experience for years to come. When we are able to visit Florida again, another ride with you will be at the top of our list. I could ramble on about how amazing the adventure was but will just say this - call Chris, book a ride, enjoy the natural and beautiful scenery of the area, relax under the professional care of a guide with an awesome personality and you will not be dissappointed!

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
“Thrilling, yet relaxing airboat ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My son booked this tour, so I didn't know what to expect. Captain Chris was waiting for us, as promised and we promptly took off for our "Sunset Cruise." (We did have to climb into the boat and up onto chairs, so I would not recommend this tour for those with limited mobility.)

We wore ear protection provided by the captain, so points of interest were pointed out by gestures, then discussed during the breaks we took to quietly take in the nature and beauty of our surroundings. I had inquired about feral pigs, so the captain made a point to have us stop and check out some trails of the pigs, deer, and other land animals. We saw a few alligators in the 8 foot range, some smaller ones, and numerous varieties of waterfowl.

The Captain was a wonderful storyteller and gave numerous accounts of local history and natural phenomena.
The water was fresh and the wonderful aroma of orange groves filled the air. (I felt like I was living "Soaring over California" while in Florida in real life!) The water was still so it reflected the clouds and sky like it was a mirror!
Thanks Chris, for a wonderful afternoon. We will be back to further explore wild and natural Florida!

Visited February 2013
Hartford, New York
6 attraction reviews
“An incredible sunset tour with Captain Chris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Three of us went on an amazing adventure with Captain Chris. It was fantastic to cruise through the marsh "trails" in a 13 foot, very powerful, airboat. The wildlife was great to look at, the scenery was even greater than I had expected, and we got to witness a beautiful sunset to finish off our longer than expected trip. We saw many kinds of birds, some turtles, and a bunch of alligators. When Captain Chris powers down the boat he has many wonderful stories and history lessons to share. Cold beverages are provided. It's obvious that to Captain Chris you are not just a customer. He immediately was our friend. Next time we are back in Port St. Lucie we are hopping on the boat again. This isn't just a tour for tourists. The locals need to see this part of Florida as well.

Visited February 2013
Tofino, Canada
“Fantastic way to spend the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Captain Chris not only met, but exceeded his trip advisor reviews. We took my 6 year old son for an amazing day of gator viewing and fishing. His knowledge of the area, stories, and warm personality made our day together the highlight of our trip. Looking forward to hanging out with him again in the future.

Visited January 2013