“Good food, odd location” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: We bring you traditional Cuban cooking to the heart of Vero Beach!WHAT IS “LA BODEGUITA “?It comes from “BODEGA”, meaning market in SPAIN. It is a neighborhood place where all those who live near, buy their food, drink coffee, enjoy snacks, meet up with their neighbors to talk and keep up on the latest neighborhood happenings. If space permits, typical country dishes are cooked and served and enjoyed family style. If you like the Bodeguita, you sign your name on the wall, where it will remain forever, and show it to your friends on future visits so they know you were there before.THIS BODEGUITA de VERO IS TO STAY AMONG US. IT IS OUR “BODEGUITA”.THANK YOU!
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Good food, odd location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Ate here Dec 27 with our Cuban-food-wise Miami friends. Like others, we found the location off-putting, but it was fun in the long run.

The appetizer sampler was quite nice and a good value. Wife had Filetilles de Pollo and really enjoyed it. I had the Churrazco and it was flavorful, but not as tender as I'd like. Flan Con Coco for dessert was real nice.

Overall, authentic Cuban food with reasonable high quality and good service.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Excellent home style Cuban food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Thank God there's a little piece of Cuba in Vero! Now I don't have to go to Miami to have authentic Cuban cuisine. The black beans are awesome the vaca frita is to die for. Also, if you haven't tried the Frita (Cuban Burger), what are you waiting for?

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“To big for their breeches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My friend and I had lunch there today for the second time in a 12 or 14 month period. The first time we went there we had expected to be lunching at Felixes and excellent Cuban restaurant that had been at that locations for years, but to our surprise Felix was no longer there and they would be reopening at a another location so we decided to stay and try them not but bad but not great . We chalked it up as new and still working out the bugs. Felix we have been told is no longer in business so we decided to go back to the bodeguita and have lunch. They no longer have a lunch menu per say and the menu has changed quite a bit . We decide to try a sampler platter as well as the standard Cuban sandwich but when we were told there would be a five dollar share charge we were put of by that and opted to have two Cuban sandwiches instead and forgo the sampler. We could have had a better cuban sandwich at Panera's .

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Delicious homemade food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Little did I imagine a homecooked meal could taste so good! This Cuban style restaurant is surprisingly good, although located in a gasoline station, south of Vero, an unlikely location for a good meal, I had two terrific meals here! Unfortunately my husband did not. His first meal, which was chicken, tasted like fish and the second meal, a shrimp scampi was so small, he left hungry! I would go back anytime as I really enjoyed the two fish entrees I had, everything was cooked to perfection, really good. The prices were excellent, the service was very attent and the owner actually came over to greet us. I will be going back, unfortunately, my husband will not go with me. I felt he made bad choices and should give it another chance, he will not! Great food, terrible location!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great home style Cuban food. No fusion cooking here. Lots of flavor. Reminded me of my trip to Havana, eating in private homes 50 years ago.

Visited September 2012