“Oh My My....” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Minneapolis
“Oh My My....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was some of the best Italian cuisine I've had in a long time. I took my family of five to eat there based on the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. It's a very small, quaint place so if it is croweded, it can be a little loud but the food is worth it. I have three kids ages 14, 12 and 8. They all loved their food and they have an Italian grandmother that cooks authentic Italian. It was soo good they asked to see the chef and chef Alex came out to speak with us. He was very warm and friendly.

I had the Grouper special which was unbelievable. My wife had the Veal, which she loved. For a family of five (no wine) it was $120. Our waitress, by the way, was one of the best servers I've had in a long time. She was so accomadating to our picky kids.

Lastly, they close for two weeks in the Summer so everyone can have some time with their families. Something about that speaks to the type of place it is. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Barbados
“Loved it twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and two friends, were in Vero beach on back to back weekends. The first weekend we ate at Maison Martinique the first night and Scampi Grill the second night. Two of the best restaurants in Vero Beach. The food at Scampi Grill was nothing short of fabulous. We had salads that were fresh and flavourable. Our mains were, the grouper that was the special, veal piccata, my husband selected the Veal Cranchio and I had the Wild Boar Lasagna. Our friend's fish was very pleasing to him as was the veal, a delicious choice for his wife. My husband's veal was worthy of numerous raves and my lasagna was amazing. The meat sauce was rich with well developed flavours....so satisfying! Our waiter Mikey was great...he was chatty but not overly so, he was fun and efficient. The atmosphere was most enjoyable, friends meeting to enjoy food, wine and this lovely family owned restaurant.
Upon our return the following weekend we made our first dinner reservation at Scampi Grill. And, my husband again ordered Veal Cranchio. Scampi Grill was as great this day as it was the weekend before...we loved it twice!

Tampa, FL
“Best Italian Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were spending a week on the beach and wanted to try a new restaurant. My husband, son and I were a little skeptical about this restaurant when we pulled into the parking lot. The area is not very attractive. However, because all the other reviews were so good, we went inside. The interior is small, but very nice. The menu is seafood oriented, although there are other typical chicken, veal and pasta dishes. We actually thought the restaurant was so good that we went back a second time. Between our two visits we tried the scampi, clams and linguini, shrimp and scallops imperial, shrimp al frunghetto and chicken piccata. They were all fantastic. The bruschetta and calamari were also delicious. Save room for dessert. I have never had a better cannoli and the Italian donuts were the best.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Definite Italian gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well trained waitstaff and fantastic food. I had the shrimp scampi...the absolute best that I have ever eaten! My 6' 4" son had the shrimp & scallops, loved every mouthful, and still couldn't finish it all. Our server was a jewel when it came to winepairing and desserts.

Don't let the outside of the building fool you....a great dining experience awaits you. Don't miss it.

Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Excellent again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The aesthetics and decor is average, it's a little loud, but still one of the best meals I've ever had. Whenever I'm in Vero Beach I know this is the place to go. Vero Beach area has a multitude of restaurants with most similarly priced, some would say slightly pricey, but bang for the buck this place is clearly superior.

• Visited March 2013