“Loved it twice!” 5 of 5 stars

2054 11th Ave, Vero Beach, FL 32960-6421
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 262 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Scampi Grill is a multi-regional Italian Cuisine Bistro that is located in the heart of downtown Vero Beach, Florida. The Scampi Grill starts with the freshest ingredients possible then with the perfect touch, they add their own secret ingredients. ensuring each delicious dish is truly a one-of-a-kind work of art.
“Loved it twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and two friends, were in Vero beach on back to back weekends. The first weekend we ate at Maison Martinique the first night and Scampi Grill the second night. Two of the best restaurants in Vero Beach. The food at Scampi Grill was nothing short of fabulous. We had salads that were fresh and flavourable. Our mains were, the grouper that was the special, veal piccata, my husband selected the Veal Cranchio and I had the Wild Boar Lasagna. Our friend's fish was very pleasing to him as was the veal, a delicious choice for his wife. My husband's veal was worthy of numerous raves and my lasagna was amazing. The meat sauce was rich with well developed flavours....so satisfying! Our waiter Mikey was great...he was chatty but not overly so, he was fun and efficient. The atmosphere was most enjoyable, friends meeting to enjoy food, wine and this lovely family owned restaurant.
Upon our return the following weekend we made our first dinner reservation at Scampi Grill. And, my husband again ordered Veal Cranchio. Scampi Grill was as great this day as it was the weekend before...we loved it twice!

1 Thank barbinbarbados

Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Italian Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were spending a week on the beach and wanted to try a new restaurant. My husband, son and I were a little skeptical about this restaurant when we pulled into the parking lot. The area is not very attractive. However, because all the other reviews were so good, we went inside. The interior is small, but very nice. The menu is seafood oriented, although there are other typical chicken, veal and pasta dishes. We actually thought the restaurant was so good that we went back a second time. Between our two visits we tried the scampi, clams and linguini, shrimp and scallops imperial, shrimp al frunghetto and chicken piccata. They were all fantastic. The bruschetta and calamari were also delicious. Save room for dessert. I have never had a better cannoli and the Italian donuts were the best.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Definite Italian gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well trained waitstaff and fantastic food. I had the shrimp scampi...the absolute best that I have ever eaten! My 6' 4" son had the shrimp & scallops, loved every mouthful, and still couldn't finish it all. Our server was a jewel when it came to winepairing and desserts.

Don't let the outside of the building fool you....a great dining experience awaits you. Don't miss it.

Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Excellent again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The aesthetics and decor is average, it's a little loud, but still one of the best meals I've ever had. Whenever I'm in Vero Beach I know this is the place to go. Vero Beach area has a multitude of restaurants with most similarly priced, some would say slightly pricey, but bang for the buck this place is clearly superior.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank richaaard
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“The Absolute Best Italian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This review is long over due. I have had the pleasure of dining at the Scampi Grill on several occasions. Many of them were celebrations in my family's life. Alex and Mimmo are the best hosts one could ever ask for! The open kitchen allows for the Chefs and those dining to communicate easily with one another. The greeting by staff upon entering the establishment is always very welcoming as well.

I love food with flavor and flare. If you love tasting every bite and having it prepared to your liking with fresh products, then this is the place for you. The Scampi Grill has a small yet wonderful dining area, the décor is very inviting. The staff is amazing, I am sure that they were well trained by the owners, who I can tell take much pride in their service.

I typically order the Veal Picatta as an entrée for dinner, however I have had many of the specials that the Scampi Grill offers. I can honestly day that I have never, ever had even a slightly disappointing meal at the Scampi Grill. Every dish was very well prepared. The salads are truly amazing with dressings that are made from scratch.

I cannot say enough good things about the Scampi Grill. If you visit, I promise that you will not be disappointed! Their service and dining experience proves that they are very customer oriented. They display these qualities on a daily basis. If you have not tried this local spot of Italian flare you are missing out.

• Visited April 2013