“very good but slightly off” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 264 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bluffton, South Carolina
“very good but slightly off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was there a few months ago and had last been there a year ago with my parents.. The service was flawless.. my cosmo was a disappointment, I do a better one than they did.. My Dad and I had fish which was wonderful. However, my Mom was most interested in the special they had, a pork chop. She asked our server about it and was told it "was flavorful and very juicy and moist". Sadly, it was neither of those. It was dry and tasteless. My mother was really disappointed and is never one to send meals back (unlike her daughter!) For the price of her meal, it was enough to make me think twice about going back next time I visit my folks. A year ago it was much much better.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Multiple Appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daugther and I arrived late without a reservation, around 8:30pm, and we were seated on the covered patio. It made for a relaxing and lengthy dining experience. The menu's first page had about a dozen appetizer selections and we couldn't make it past page one. So we ordered four appetizers to share and loved everyone of them. All seafood options, of course. We couldn't refuse the dessert tray, either, with the trio of creme brulee flavors. We were the last guests to leave the restaurant, but the servers did not seem to care as we waddled back to the hotel.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne Beach
“Expected better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have been dining at The Tides restaurant for the past few years. Our server, Wendy, was phenomenal and very personable. She, along, with Kenny, are the best servers in the house. Now, on to the food...the salmon on the early bird was rather fishy-tasting. The side sauce was almost flavorless. My husband's chicken dinner was very good, but a bit on the salty side. The wedge was just so-so, not great. The Caesar's salad had a very light dressing which made for a good flavor. The drinks were excellent, they really do give you a great pour on the wine and liquor. We will try this place again; however, we will be ordering different entrees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Value is very good - if you are seated by 5:30 PM during the week.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The Tides offers early bird specials including salads. Two of us ordered Scottish salmon - excellent. But not a thing on the plate except for the salmon. The men ordered the pork loin which came with veggies and a scoop of mashed potatoes. They were all the same price. I found that curious. Fortunately there was plenty of bread & butter on the table. Service was excellent. The dinners were $15 - order before 5:30 though!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great meal with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My girl friend and I had a really great meal at Tides. The food was spectacular and the service was top notch too.

We sat on the side in the open air. The night was cool and the stars were out. Just perfect.

The wait staff suggested a great wine. Not too pricey and very tasty. The appetizer, dinner was so good that for desert I got a special treat. My girl friend is now my fiancee!

Like I said .... a perfect night.

• Visited April 2013