“Great beach location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great beach location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family enjoyed staying at this small resort through an Interval exchange. Even though this is an older property and fairly small (60 rooms?) we had a great vacation. Some reviewers complained about parking, but we had no problems. We received a parking permit when we checked in and displayed it on the dashboard. Some rooms have older, non-HDTVs but I guess that just encourages you to spend more time on the beach! There were only a few resort-sponsored activities during the week. Families with small children should know that there is no kiddie pool. The one pool has a deep end of 9 feet and a shallow end of 4 feet. The manager talked about plans to upgrade all rooms to HDTV and to add more activities. If you want to stay a few feet from the beach and just relax, this is the place. If you were any closer to the ocean, you'd be sleeping with the fishes!

Room Tip: There are a few "beach-front" rooms and a few "beach-view" rooms. The other room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newport RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The resort is located in a wondrful area, right on the beach, a short walk to many great places to eat and drink. It is clean, the staff is helpful and we would certainly stay there again. It is a simple place, not full of fancy extras but a solid value. .

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

The Reef is located on the beach. It's less then 20 feet from my door to the beautiful white sands of Vero Beach. If your looking for waterfront rooms, you'll find it here.

• Stayed October 2011
oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed in a one bedroom, oceanside, second floor unit.

The best thing about Ocean Reef is the location!!!!! The ocean front location was wonderful. The actual units are well kept, with many ground keeper types staff present and available. The decor in the unit is somewhat dated, but I was willing to overlook that because the unit was clean and like I said, the location was wonderful.

I have come to appreciate staying in a smaller complex rather than a large resort type accommodation. It is quieter, has easier parking, friendlier, and the best thing......the units are only two stories, so we never had to enter a high rise and wait for an elevator and tote our beach gear up and down and all around. I could leave our room and be at the pool in 30-45 seconds! We never had to scramble for a chair by the pool either! Some places I have stayed involve a lot of strategy to get a lounge chair!

I can say that the one bedroom unit really is meant for two people. I can not imagine having more than two. The bed was comfortable.

Vero Beach itself was great.....peaceful, quiet, nice people. Not much traffic. Could walk from Reef Ocean to several restaurants, etc. Some days we didn't even drive anywhere.

This is a great place for couples.

The only thing I could suggest is that it would be nice for the property to provide chairs on the beach. Since many people use air travel to get to Florida, it is impossible to bring chairs/etc along. There were no chairs during our week long stay.

Overall, I liked it!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We swapped to this hotel with Interval . This hotel is motel type 2-3 star , disappointed with the hotel decor and the other hotel guests. Lot's of smokers .. not nice.. The property itself is clean and neat, good location close to the beach . nice grounds . The decoration is stale 80's style /colors.. not 4 star at all . Service was good, friendly staff .
I would not return this hotel but would visit Vero Beach again .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I traded a timeshare week with Interval and, because I procrastinated at booking somewhere I was left with finding a place before the end of September. We picked this spot because we had never been to Vero before and it seemed to have (from the info. available from Interval) everything we needed. It did! When we got there, we had been assigned an upstairs room. Because of my husbands disability (I had never been to a resort without elevators) I knew he'd never be able to manage the steps nor carry up our luggage, etc. The woman at the front desk was great. She found us a first floor room. Only problem was it was right next door to the office. Well, beggars can't be choosers so we took it thinking the noise and traffic would keep us up all night - wrong! They must roll up the sidewalks at night because there was no problem. Not an ideal spot for a room but it had everything you could possibly want - full kitchen. Room was very clean and well maintained even if it's not fancy. The decor is beachy on a budget. We really don't care about that. Yes, space was tight but it was just 2 of us. The bed was comfortable. There were plenty of towels but few amenities (just soap) but I bring my own stuff anyway as do most folks. The pool was nicely maintained and just around back toward the beach. We had company for a day and the people in the office were exceptionally nice and helpful in giving us a parking pass for my cousins car. We will definitely be back - I liked their laid back feel of this place. My cousin thought it was a great place to take the family for a long weekend (he lives about 50 miles away). My rating of Excellent is for the fact that this place is clean, comfortable, friendly and convenient to the beach at a great price. No, it doesn't compare with the high priced place but for what you get it was great.

On a separate note. I take exception when someone writes a review who does so only to complain about being towed. This forum is for honestly reviewing a resort including the rooms, your stay here, etc. Ok, so you parked and went for a stroll before dinner. Can't you read the signs? Your car was towed because you choose to park and go elsewhere before dinner. Get over it. Next time go in the office and explain the situation - you have a 45 minute wait for dinner and are going to take a stroll. The office folks are not rude, they are nice and friendly and very helpful. They would have probably been fine with that and you wouldn't have been towed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

stayed here w family had 3 diff units , staff was very helpful getting us all to our rooms.staff even helped get parking stickers for our guests . we had a nice family reunion at the outdoor BBQ area. the BBQ area has a several tables , electricity and a sink to use , the resort will even provide cooking utensils for the charcoal grills. the rooms had full size fridge, microwaves, stove n oven. they provided everything u need (pots plates etc) even tell u if need blenders, mixers etc just ask the front desk. room had nice bed and the pull out sofa bed was even nice (sofa matteress was thick n comfortable for adults).had room safe avail. plenty of towels, nice housekeepers. resort really is oceanfront can walk right out to ocean, pool n hot tub nice. security officers walk the property after night . price is right compared to surrounding hotels (considering this place offers full kitchens) we have stayed in several other hotels in vero and this place is great

Room Tip: they have oceanfront rooms but the oceanview rooms give you just as great of a view and are cheaper
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Reef Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!