“A solid place to stay, except for....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Vero Beach

You added Knights Inn Vero Beach to your Saves list
Knights Inn Vero Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8800 20th Street Vero Beach, Vero Beach, FL 32966 (Formerly Vero Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“A solid place to stay, except for....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I'm not one to complain usually... In general the place was enough. Quiet and convenient. Somewhat of a drive from the fun of Old Town, Beaches, and the mall. But I live in a town that requires a car, so it wasn't a big deal. And at $40 a night, it was a small price to pay. Lol.

There is an IHOP on the premises although we made use of the microwave and fridge (every hotel should have a fridge and microwave) and stocked it with food from the grocery store to save some money Lol.

Bad points - Las cucarachas. If it wasn't for them, this review would have had an extra star. I didn't notice them until the very last day of our stay. YUCK! Just one tiny one on the bed at first, and then I saw a small sized one on the wall. Good thing they weren't the kind that go flying or if they were any larger... But you know where there is one, that one usually brings its aunties and cousins with it.

I suspect this place is affiliated with the Days Inn at the back. On our second day there, a woman from Days Inn had to direct us to the front office because our keycard stopped working.

I really would like to give this place a higher rating, but any hotel with bugs (especially roaches) won't fare too well under criticism. Hopefully they get rid of the bugs, because this is a pretty solid place to stay, otherwise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Wonderful motel. Stayed there two nights and had a terrific room. Minor complaints: microwave plate didn't rotate and no bulb in one of the lamps. But apart from that it was a great value especially with the huge tv. I watched the Gators win on it, that was cool.

Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Stopped on our way from Jacksonville to Fort Lauderdale. Upon arrival the man at the desk made us wait for 10 minutes while he counted change in the register. That should have been our clue to leave. Rooms were dirty, wall paper in room and bathroom was falling off. Mold was all over bathroom and near the door. toilet did not flush. Dead bugs were all over. It was 11:30PM and we were so tired other wise we would not have stayed. Do Not stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I booked this hotel through a friend that has a new travel business online. My party got 2 rooms for 2 nights on the ground floor since my mother is handicapped and recently had her 4th hip surgery. After unpacking all of her things, she discovered that her toilet had no seat! A lid, but no actual seat! She had to turn her walker around and suspend herself above the toilet in order to use it. When she let the attendant at the hotel desk know, she was informed that this could not be fixed until the next morning. They offered to let her move upstairs, but this was not an option because of her handicap. The next morning, my mom called the desk to inquire about the toilet seat and was told that no one had told them about it. It took three more phone calls before the toilet lid was replaced. The room was hot since the air condition didn't work very well. The bathrooms were not clean. When we asked to speak with a manager at checkout, we were told that he wasn't there and could not be reached by phone. Needless to say, we were very upset with the service, as was our friend that booked the rooms for us. On top of everything, the hotel was supposed to use our debit card to hold the rooms, and then charge the card upon check out. However, they charged our card the day the rooms were booked and subsequently caused 3 checks to bounce out of my account the day before my direct deposit hit. My bank was unwilling to refund the three $35.00 charges, because this overdraft was not due to bank error. My friend who has the travel company refunded the overdraft fees, but it was not her mistake that our card was charged. She and her company are pursuing this case further, but she and I agreed that it would be best to warn everyone else that tis hotel leaves a LOT to be desired!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Just for overnight. We use the hotel on the way from Miami to Orlando. When camed to the room, we want to use heating, it was cold in the room, but the heating did not worked. After question to reception, we got another room, but heating did not work nighter. Just for overnight. No complimentary breakfest avalible.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

We stayed here because it is one of four in town that accepts pets. It was the least expensive option. (The rates had gone up for 'season' at the other hotel we used last month). Our room was basically clean and a typical average motel king size bed room with tv, dorm size fridge, microwave, tv, and safe. However, the fridge was quite rusty which was unappealing. Also, the rubber seal was quite loose, which is probably why the freezer section was completely frozen solid! Our room key didn't work in our first room, so we had to wait for the young clerk to come out and try it for himself. He finally decided to give us another room -- after he contacted maintenance. I pointed out that we had a cat and that both of us needed to use the toilet immediately (we had been driving for two hours). A professional would have given us the new room key FIRST and then taken care of the broken door/key.

The safe was inconveniently placed adjacent to the sink, so it was impossible to stand next to the sink. The hairdryer was on the wall at a height of over five feet, so the length of the cord was 'wasted' going up and then back down, combined with the location of the safe, making it all but impossible to dry my hair.

We had trouble with the internet, having to hold our device up to the window to get a signal. My fiance finally discovered that the signal was strongest in the bathroom! So the inconvenient safe became his desk!!

The placement of the bathroom door was also inconvenient. It opened just missing the corner of the fridge/microwave, then just missing the corner of the bed/comforter, and finally was flush against the back wall -- right in front of the light switches for the two parts of the bathroom (sink and toilet areas)!!!

On the first morning, housekeeping knocked at 8:30am and when I told the woman we were in bed, she still wanted to come in! I spoke to the manager, who said we shouldn't be disturbed before 11am. The second day she came at 9:30, but it was Christmas day and we had planned to sleep until noon. (There wasn't one of those Do Not Disturb cards). Finally on the third morning, she waited til almost 10am (!) and when I explained that we like to sleep in while on vacation (and don't require new towels every single day or someone to make the bed) she gave us a Do Not Disturb card to hang on the door. Too bad it wasn't there the first day.

I would recommend asking for a room NOT at the front of the motel. The garbage truck came quite early one day and the noise woke us up. The I-HOP is convenient and the food is fine. My parents eat breakfast there most weekends.

• Liked — it was quiet when we were there for the most part
  • Disliked — bad placement of essential items like hair dryer and light switches
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louth, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Well - what can I say - no problems here at all. It's a basic budget motel on the outskirts of Vero Beach, not far from the outlet centre.

I agree with the previous reviewer, the rooms are nicer than you would expect. They are clean and comfortable, have all the necessaries, and free WiFi. We got a good walk in rate with a coupon from the Room Saver booklet.

Would stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — A little out of the way
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Vero Beach? Share your experiences!