“Wow Hope Things Get Better. It is a Convenient Place to Stay.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Vero Beach

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Vero Beach to your Saves list
Knights Inn Vero Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8800 20th Street Vero Beach, Vero Beach, FL 32966 (Formerly Vero Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #24 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
“Wow Hope Things Get Better. It is a Convenient Place to Stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here a Few Months ago and the stay was OK. This time I guess the Late Check in (midnight ish) got me the way left overs the Room was Trash. Roaches came out to Greet me, I was Horrified when I looked between the Mat. And Bed Springs. Plain Nasty. I dont know what happened in just aa few months but it didn't even seem like I was in the same Motel.

• Stayed January 2013

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I'm not sure how these other reviewers got their rooms for $40-49 a night. We paid $78. Even at $40. it would have been too much. I rarely complain but this place was disgusting. This felt like the type of motel that out of town construction workers would stay or that hookers would take their johns.
Lot's of loud voices outside until around 11 and then empty beer cans left along the sidewalk in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dothan, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed one night after leaving Miami much later than expected and unable to make it home that night. The rate, at $49, was reasonable. The room was clean and had been remodeled though the bathroom was rather small but workable., The man at the front desk, likely the owner, was tremendous. About 5 minutes after we got to the room he called to make sure everything was fine. The next morning he recieved and sent a fax and refused to charge for services. He was very courteous and professional. Considering the rate we were happy. There is no breakfast but there is an on-site IHOP and they offer special prices for hotel guests

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I'm not one to complain usually... In general the place was enough. Quiet and convenient. Somewhat of a drive from the fun of Old Town, Beaches, and the mall. But I live in a town that requires a car, so it wasn't a big deal. And at $40 a night, it was a small price to pay. Lol.

There is an IHOP on the premises although we made use of the microwave and fridge (every hotel should have a fridge and microwave) and stocked it with food from the grocery store to save some money Lol.

Bad points - Las cucarachas. If it wasn't for them, this review would have had an extra star. I didn't notice them until the very last day of our stay. YUCK! Just one tiny one on the bed at first, and then I saw a small sized one on the wall. Good thing they weren't the kind that go flying or if they were any larger... But you know where there is one, that one usually brings its aunties and cousins with it.

I suspect this place is affiliated with the Days Inn at the back. On our second day there, a woman from Days Inn had to direct us to the front office because our keycard stopped working.

I really would like to give this place a higher rating, but any hotel with bugs (especially roaches) won't fare too well under criticism. Hopefully they get rid of the bugs, because this is a pretty solid place to stay, otherwise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Wonderful motel. Stayed there two nights and had a terrific room. Minor complaints: microwave plate didn't rotate and no bulb in one of the lamps. But apart from that it was a great value especially with the huge tv. I watched the Gators win on it, that was cool.

Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Stopped on our way from Jacksonville to Fort Lauderdale. Upon arrival the man at the desk made us wait for 10 minutes while he counted change in the register. That should have been our clue to leave. Rooms were dirty, wall paper in room and bathroom was falling off. Mold was all over bathroom and near the door. toilet did not flush. Dead bugs were all over. It was 11:30PM and we were so tired other wise we would not have stayed. Do Not stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I booked this hotel through a friend that has a new travel business online. My party got 2 rooms for 2 nights on the ground floor since my mother is handicapped and recently had her 4th hip surgery. After unpacking all of her things, she discovered that her toilet had no seat! A lid, but no actual seat! She had to turn her walker around and suspend herself above the toilet in order to use it. When she let the attendant at the hotel desk know, she was informed that this could not be fixed until the next morning. They offered to let her move upstairs, but this was not an option because of her handicap. The next morning, my mom called the desk to inquire about the toilet seat and was told that no one had told them about it. It took three more phone calls before the toilet lid was replaced. The room was hot since the air condition didn't work very well. The bathrooms were not clean. When we asked to speak with a manager at checkout, we were told that he wasn't there and could not be reached by phone. Needless to say, we were very upset with the service, as was our friend that booked the rooms for us. On top of everything, the hotel was supposed to use our debit card to hold the rooms, and then charge the card upon check out. However, they charged our card the day the rooms were booked and subsequently caused 3 checks to bounce out of my account the day before my direct deposit hit. My bank was unwilling to refund the three $35.00 charges, because this overdraft was not due to bank error. My friend who has the travel company refunded the overdraft fees, but it was not her mistake that our card was charged. She and her company are pursuing this case further, but she and I agreed that it would be best to warn everyone else that tis hotel leaves a LOT to be desired!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Vero Beach? Share your experiences!