“Vero Beach Always Beautiful.” 4 of 5 stars

Disney's Vero Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9250 Island Grove Terrace, Vero Beach, FL 32963-4048   |
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
Fairview, Tennessee
“Vero Beach Always Beautiful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just returned from staying at Vero for a few days while at the Mouse House. We own DVC and enjoy our time at this resort to be on the beach yet close enough to drive into WDW. We have stayed many times over the years of our ownership to this resort. We were somewhat disappointed this trip as things seem to be slipping. There were not enough staff on duty to help with things at the front desk, them seemed to be overwhelmed and not very friendly or helpful. The grounds needed attending to, the flower pots were full of trash and hadn't been cleaned out in many months. The palms all were in real need of trimming. Our rooms smelled musty and even though they appeared clean, they did not smell it. I know that it is difficult on the beach to get the mold smell out, but being a Florida native, I know you can achieve it with circulating the air conditions as well as thorough carpet cleaning. The facility seems to be just "tired" and in severe need of an uplift. Hopefully, that won't be too long in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if you want a view of the ocean. The sea grapes cover the ground floor view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

679 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

we just returned from another great stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. We love this place so much. We took another family with us and the kids had a ball. The Resort is much smaller than any Disney resort in Walt Disney World but offers great kids programs and a wonderful beach. If you are looking for a luxury hotel in Vero or do not like lots of kids then maybe checkout the Kimpton hotel in town or the Casa d Esta. The draw here is the Disney entertainment. Our group included 4 kids and they didn't want to leave. If you visit in the summer...don't miss the chance to see the turtles nesting. The character buffet was not on par with the ones back in Orlando. Save you money there and eat in town at some great places.

Room Tip: The only "rooms" that offer an ocean view are the Inn Rooms with an ocean view or a beach...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our second visit to the Disney Vero Beach Resort. We previously visited in June of 2011 and stayed in the Inn Ocean View room. For this trip, we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. The room was clean and comfortable but it really could handle some updating.

Other than the room needing some updating, the resort was great. My 8 and 4 year old daughters loved the pool and waterslide, and the beach was great also. There was plenty of activities and crafts for the kids and I couldn't imagine my kids having a better time anywhere else.

We look forward to returning again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This vacation was one of the best I can remember. The whole family enjoyed it and my kids cried when we left. We will return soon. I would make this my permanent residence if I could afford it.
Typical Disney style, top notch staff and spotless rooms. They make it hard to go home.

• Stayed May 2013
parkland, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

As other reviewers have stated, Disney Vero is much quieter than its Orlando cousins. The main attraction here is the beautiful stretch of coastline. We visited this resort over Memorial Day Weekend. The pool is great fun for the kids (make sure you get up early to get a shady spot) as are the many resort activities like the campfire. Shutters has a reasonably priced brunch, and the food is decent. We also enjoyed a light night dinner/ snack at The Green Cabin Room. The staff at Disney Vero goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Love this place!

Room Tip: Get ocean front if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This resort has something for everyone. The facility is decorated and furnished in the way that only Disney can do! Our room was fairly spacious, very comfortable. The kitchenette was tiny but adequate. The balcony was amazing, with a view of the Atlantic that was breathtaking! We left the balcony slider open at night and slept to the sound of the surf, how awesome is that?

The pool area is pretty fantastic, with a huge slide inside of a "lighthouse". Yep, there were a lot of adults using that slide! Poolside games, music and activities kept the kids entertained. There is also a cute mini golf course to play on. Showers and bathroom facilities in the pool area are nice and very well maintained. The jacuzzi is relaxing after a day of shell hunting. The beach area is great! As a Florida resident I know beaches, and this one is pretty amazing. There are chairs, umbrellas and cabanas available for rent at about $10.00/day but we bring our own beach chairs and umbrella.

We attended a S'mores social around a big campfire one night and had a lot of fun there too.

There several buildings you can stay in. These range from hotel rooms to 3 bedroom cottages. Most all of the parking is underground so you don't have to worry about your car baking while you play!

We didn't use the spa services...this time but a couple massage on te beach sounds like a must for our next visit!

The staff was kind and all around fantastic! Do I recommend Disney's Vero Beach Resort? Absolutely! It's Magical!

Room Tip: Ask for a gulf view room with a slotted balcony!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Everett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you want relaxation, this is the place to go! Upon settling in, we sat by the beautiful pool and enjoyed our drinks that were specially made by Wayne, the awesome bartender! We had a room with a fabulous view of the Atlantic ocean and enjoyed the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. The room was very clean but beds were not comfortable and the bathroom could be updated. The common areas were also very fresh and clean. We did eat at shutters two evenings and both were a great experience. I am very picky about how my steak is cooked and I have to say both nights my steak was cooked to perfection so kudos to Luis on the first night along with the chef (I cannot remember her name) the second evening! On our second evening at Shutters Naomi was a very attentive waitress and had a vibrant, fun spirited personality. Want to send a shout out to Regan who worked at Island Grove Packing, very pleasant and sweet.
On a not so happy note, I was very disappointed that upon arriving back to my room after a long day of touring, our beds and towels were not taken care of. when questioning this, I was informed that because I was a DVC member, I do not get room service until the 3rd day and that would be a trash and tidy only. However, I did not use my points for this stay, I paid cash not only for my room but for my daughters room. This is something I brought up with DVC when I arrived home. It is just not right! I spent $259 per night and to think I could have stayed at a hotel in the area for $99 a night and I would have gotten daily cleaning service.
I do however want to say that Georgette from Housekeeping was absolutely helpful, professional, kind and caring and is an assett to Disney's Vero Beach....More employees like that would make guests that have concerns and issues feel as if they are understood and not considered a nag...thanks Georgette!
All in all, I loved my three nights at Disney's Vero Beach and will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Vero Beach Resort? Share your experiences!