“Disney friendliness everywhere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Sea Girt, New Jersey
“Disney friendliness everywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

we stayed here in October, 2012 and had no idea what to expect. It was a little out of the way but a beautiful place. We had a one bedroom villa which was amazing, had no issues with outdated anything. The employees here are true Disney, all full of friendliness & helpful above & beyond. I wouldn't want to be here with very small children or teenagers, I think they would get bored but if you have children from 4 to 8 they will be in heaven if they like pools & pool games. Also the area around the resort is flat so if you rent a bicycle it's a great ride around the area, you are not near major highways. I am glad we came as a couple, had beautiful weather & sat around the pool a lot. The food here is good, nothing outstanding & if you want to eat someplace else it's a good 15 minute drive. The beach area has a very narrow beach but the pool was just fine with a snack/beach bar right there. Just don't expect a big Disney resort, it's a small one but very nice, hey, it's Disney!

Room Tip: looked like the stand alone "cottages" would be great to stay in, would love to try that...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being a DVC member my family and I stayed here years ago... and left early. This trip was just a brief stop over after a lengthy stay at Disneyworld. We stayed in a studio room... ok... but not truly meant for more than 2 people, even with the 2 double beds. A coffee pot... a toaster.... and a mini
fridge and that's it. Our view was of the front and was blocked by landscaping. If you need to stay in touch with people as we always do, plan on POOR at best Wifi with sporatic connections. There is one restaurant on site and a pool for children. The ocean is a brief walk down the boardwalk and was a joy to see. It is still quite a hike to see things from this resort, but that is the nature of this type resort. My wife liked it except for the wifi, and we both agree, we will not get a studio again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean and you might get lucky enough to see it and not landscape.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently spent a night in Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Being the Walt Disney World nut that I am I thought it would be great to take the two hour drive from Orlando to Vero Beach. We are not Disney Vacation Club members, so we were "resort" guests.

The resort is much smaller than I'm used to given that I am accustomed to the WDW type resort. You can walk the entire length of the resort in less than 10 minutes. Which to me isn't a bad thing. It felt very homey and intimate in a good way. The Disney elements are there, but very subdued. The room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable, though not spectacular.

The pool is nice and had a neat water slide, although there is only one pool and one hot tub. I am used to the addition of a "quiet" pool that most Disney resorts have. They also have a nice sauna if you're so inclined. The beach access to the Atlantic ocean is right across from the pool area.

They have a small mini-golf course near the pool, which was neat. I really liked that they had board games that you could borrow for free to play both by the pool and in your room. Among the other sports equipment you could borrowed was a Bocce ball set and I taught my party how to play the game on the big lawn behind the main lobby building. It was a highlight of our trip...playing Bocce ball on a lovely December Florida afternoon while being able to see and hear the ocean.

We went to their all you wanted to eat free s'mores campfire at night which was really nice, though I wish we had arrived a little later because they had two lifeguard girls making the group "work" for our s'mores by some singing camp fire songs. It was kind of fun and I still have one or two of those songs stuck in my head, but I'm kind of stodgy and don't really like that sort of thing. I'm sure most people would enjoy it though.

Overall it was a very lovely visit that we thoroughly enjoyed. I'm sure we'll be going back next year and adding another night or two to our visit.

One other tidbit. We didn't realize until the morning we were leaving that the central kitchen island had a TV in it. I guess it never dawned on us even though the remote was right there on the counter. Guess we're not always the sharpest knives in the drawer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would give Disney Vero Beach a 3.5 rating not 4. This place is in need of a face lift. The rooms are showing their age. We had an ocean view room and that was the best thing about the room.
The TVs in the room are surprisingly small. Not that we are sitting around watching TV while on vacation, but at nearly $200 a night we felt like a decent television would not be too much to ask.
The carpet, bedspreads, mattresses, shower, sink etc... all need replacing. The rooms include a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and a toaster. If you don't want to pay a premium price at breakfast at Shutters -- I'd recommend going down to the gift shop and buy some bread and jelly.
My husband and I only ate one meal at the resort and it was lunch at the Green Cabin. He had the fish and chips and I had at Mahi Mahi BLT. The fish was very fresh and that was great and we had good service and meal. I had a Scottish Raspberry Lemon Drop with my meal and my husband had a draw of Yuengling. Total bill was $60 for lunch, which was partly due to the high cost of the drinks. If you want to spend $60 on lunch go somewhere where the locals go(Riverside Cafe) and try the cuisine of the region, and explore Vero Beach instead. Two finds that we stumbled upon while in search of a good lunch was the Penny Hill Beach Emporum which is less tha a block from the resort - they had great sandwiches and gyros. And next to Penny Hill is a good pizza place called Orchid Island. Disney Vero Beach Resort sits along the Atlantic Ocean. The ocean was rough the entire time we were there. As for the beach, it was nothing special. We have been to Jamaica, Bahamas, Antigua, so we know something about a nice beach. This beach was not like any of those. Plus the Atlantic ocean is nothing like the gorgeous aqua blue of the tranquil Caribbean. As one would imagine being a Disney property the pool is geared towards families and children. I wouldn't recommend DVB for romance, it's focus isn't couples. If you want an experience like that go to a Secrets or a Sandals.
The one constant throughout the trip was the service. The staff at DVC did everything in their power to make us happy. They helped us with ground transportation, gave us great food/drink recommendations, a front desk employee took pictures of my husband and I while we waited for our shuttle back to the airport on our last day there. The front desk was well versed in the importance of attention to the details and it was quite evident throughout our time in Vero Beach, which was refreshing.
Overall I still believe this property worthy of a 3.5 - good but not great, and definitely in need of refurbishing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Limon, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Absolutely a beautiful. The location can't be beat - the ocean is RIGHT THERE! We had a two bedroom villa which was wonderful. They told us no ocean view, but we could see it from the balcony and you could hear it every time you went outside - beautiful. Their staff were fantastic, upbeat, and helpful. Resturants were fabulous. As usual, Disney resorts can't be beat and set a high standard that most hotels just can't meet. We went to the Florida Keys first and stayed at a very nice hotel, but we all agreed that we were all happier once we got to Disney - coming home. I think we will add a couple of days here following a Disney World trip just to relax and unwind from the parks. Oh - the parks: We had no Disney World trip planned this year, but at only 2 hours way, we could not help sneaking up for a day and enjoying the Christmas decoration. This place is a gem.

• Stayed December 2012
CONNECTICUT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

After 5 days at Disneyworld, this was a welcomed relief from all the running around. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a ocean view. The room was a corner room and had slanted ceilings which made it quite cozy. It was like an apartment. The carpets, bedspreads and mattresses could use an upgrade. After staying at the Yacht Club, this was a little disappointing. It was clean and housekeeping was very good. We had dinner and breakfast at Shutters which was very good. We did get to use the pool and beach, but for only one day since it was very cold, windy and cloudy. I'm not sure if I would go back there again. I think I would like to try other resorts in that area. It was still an enjoyable time and very relaxing!!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

As DVC members we have been to Disney Vero Beach over a dozen times and we have yet to have what would qualify as a negative experience. The staff are highly trained and treat you well. The property is well maintained. The staff respond to feedback as evidenced by a change in towel policy to avoid guests "saving" lounges around the large pool. There is a workout center accessible with your room key. Restaurants on property are good in addition to the many local restaurants that can be found on Trip Advisor. If you want a restful vacation, have been to the Disney parks, it doesn't matter if you are a couple or a family, Disney Vero Beach is a place to go.

Room Tip: If you stay in the main lodge, request an oceanview on an upper floor and let the sound of the surf...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Vero Beach Resort? Share your experiences!