“Awesome view and great food!” 4 of 5 stars

772.469.1060
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 265 restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Vero Beach, Florida
“Awesome view and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went for Sunday Brunch and had a wonderful time. We opted for a table outside and had a delicious meal with a fabulous view of the ocean. Our waiter was excellent too! Great company and a fun day!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed our Sunday brunch, you can't beat the view on in the morning, afternoon and evening! Come back for Happy hour and dinner when you get a chance.

Thanks!

79% Recommend
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Disappointing dinner- better for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Dropped in on a rather 'happening' Thursday night in Vero Beach for a latish dinner. Walked in to a live act playing near the bar and several of Vero's middle aged and silver population enjoying themselves.

Very friendly and engaging staff- the hostess eagerly accomodated our request to sit outside (the noise and the AC indoors was a bit much for us). Pleasant staff outside - very enjoyable.

What diminished this meal for us was twofold:

First- the food. Let's be clear. The ingredients used and the quality overall is above reproach. But for a $15 starter and a $30 main, I need a little more. I found the sashimi of some local fish to be bland and uninteresting - but fresh. Same for the tuna...$30 for two (albeit very well cooked) slices of tuna steak, I was left feeling unsatisfied (and I live in Europe and am not obese- ie I dont expect monstrous servings).

Second- for the price of the food- $120 dinner (all in) we were not amused watching an endless ballet of staff rolling carts, folded tables and stacks of chairs past our table as we had our meal.

So I'll be back- for a burger for lunch- as I'd been initially recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Duder13

I am so glad that you dined with us, seems like our staff was very helpful and friendly which I am very proud of, however it sounds like you didn’t see the value in your meal. Our chef is a fanatic about buying local, super-fresh ingredients which can make dishes on the menu feel a bit on the pricey side.

Unfortunately there were some events going on outside and we had to move some tables and chairs from point a to point b. I can't get enough of our beautiful view either and dont want it obstructed even for a second.

Please let us know when you will be back in Vero, we look forward to you coming back
Naples, Florida
“Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food and service were fantastic, very friendly staff, and the food was fabulous. would definitely recommend for a great location on vero beach

Visited April 2013
david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding! Our wonderful team always makes sure that your special day goes off perfectly. Come back for your anniversary if not sooner!
milpitasca
“Valentine's Day lunch with old friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I dined in Cobalt on Feb 13, by myself and savored the local pan roasted grouper. As I was waiting between courses, I perused the lunch menu because I was taking old friends out for lunch. I was quite unhappy when I discovered most of the lunch items were sandwiches and wraps. I asked to speak to the restaurant manager about the situation and he was gracious to honor my request for 3 more grouper plates for Valentine's Day lunch. We enjoyed the view (even in the rain) and wined, dined, and conversed for over 2 hours. There was no push to get us out of the restaurant as it was in the middle of the afternoon. Waiters just went about setting up the other tables for a sold-out Valentine's Day dinner. Staff could visibly see how much we were enjoying everything and just checked on us when glasses went dry! The items we shared were all fabulous and fresh - oysters on the half shell, the Osceola farm greens salad, a flat bread, charred Brussel sprouts, and the to- die -for blueberry doughnuts with BB coulis, creme anglaise, and oatmeal ice cream. What happy memories this lengthy meal made for us! I just wish my husband was there instead of working on the opposite coast. Maybe next year when he is retired!!!!! Thanks again to management for making this happen!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
So glad you enjoyed everything, we are always willing to go out of the way to make our guests happy!
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Lunch was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We liked everything we had. Ate here 2 times during our vacation and it was good both times. French fries were amazing (shoestring kind).

Visited April 2013
david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for joining us twice for lunch! Much appreciated. Next time try the truffle fries, they were voted best in Florida!