“Maybe not quite a 4...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 253 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fresh from the Atlantic, our dinner menu includes highlights like local tuna sashimi, grilled cobia with roasted lemon-butter, and sweet potato clam chowder. Save room for a slice of decadent key-lime cheesecake or a scoop of house-made seasonal ice cream.
Williamsburg, VA
“Maybe not quite a 4...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and the outdoor patio was very nice and relaxing. Usually I am wowed by a Kimpton restaurant, but this one just didn't have that wow factor on this visit. If I ever come back, I still would try again and hope to be wowed!

david f, General Manager at Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hopefully we will be able to wow you the next time you come in, let me know when you will be back.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Most Expensive Restaurant in Town!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband thought he would treat me to something special on New Years, so we made reservations at The Cobalt. The restaurant was empty at 5:00 PM, the atmosphere lovely, with a view of the ocean and outdoor firepits. The very attent waiter told us, after we sat down, that there was an $80.00 cover charge PER PERSON for dinner!!!!! I have never spent that amount, except maybe for two, at a fine restaurant! My husband insisted we stay and try to enjoy ourselves, he was treating. The menu was unique and different, everything was delightful, the food was excellent. We had a four course meal and were offered all the champagne we could consume. I don't usually drink, my husband only wanted a white Zinfandel. We asked if the Zinfandel could be substituted for the champagne. They did us the favor. The bill was $180.00, plus the tip was extra!!!!! I could have flown to Seattle for that! I took my cousins for her birthday, thinking it couldn't be that expensive again, they don't drink either. Unfortunately it was $180.00 again! My choice is never to eat there again, as the indigestion that occurs over the outrageous bill, is not worth it!

Visited November 2012
Hey Susan C,

Sounds like you enjoyed your dining experience with us, on New Year's we did have an $80 4 course (with oyster amuse) for $80, that also included champagne. There definitely wasn't a cover charge. Are entrees begin at $24 as the menu states and even have small plate options, I hope you can come back and we can cater a menu for you to your liking.

David
Phoenix, Arizona
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The see vice was slow upon arrival. When we finally got our coffee in a dirty cup there were no apologies and another long wait for a new cup.

Visited January 2013
I hope it is not too little/too late, but my apologies on the coffee cup and the wait. I hope to see you back soon.

David
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious and accommodating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Thoughtful entrees, nice wine list and the outdoor dining at sundown is really great. Dining with 3 children was also welcome and the children enjoyed their meals as well.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for the great review, we do whatever we can to accommodate our guests especially families.

Come back soon!!
Chicago
“Fabulous lunch and lack-luster dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sat in the sun, overlooking the beach and had a fabulous brunch at noon on a Saturday. The service outstanding, the food delightful and the price just right. I would have rated Colbalt very high had not come back in the evening - this is why everything was average. In the evening we tried other Vero Beach establishments, but sadly without reservations we were resigned to coming back here for dinner. We had been out walking the area for two hours and were quite famished and took the only table available next to the door leading outside and were warned about the wind that would be problematic. Although annoying, we seemed to be on some strange time delay as the staff were very busy and very entertaining, but the cooking staff must have been asleep. It was 30 minutes between salad and main course - yet staff were busily re-stocking dishes for the next day's service. After 25 minutes the staff brought bread to the table and apologized for delay. My duck came with a smear of parsnip puree (I kid you not) and 1-2 pieces of sliced kale. I asked for more bread after the duck - although the duck itself was delightful. Husband's steak and potatoes was generous and fabulous. Another 20 minutes for the yummy slice of chocolate forest cake to arrive for dessert. The bottle of pinot was average in everything but price. The glass of Byron we had for dessert was fabulous. So we had a very mixed experience on the same day and many of the staff were the same at noon as at 9:00 pm. Hope you all have better luck.

• Visited February 2013