We stayed here following a visit to Harry Potter studio, it is very nearby. The grounds were okay (not the great gardens we were expecting) and the rooms were nice enough. However, the doors to the rooms slam very loudly - on two occasions, our own door creaked when other doors were closed! This doesn't' make for a sound sleeping environment, and we were left wishing we had just driven home after the HP excursion rather than staying overnight.
It was also very warm, and we needed the window open to circulate air from outside using a fan (there is no air conditioning). The hotel backs on to a residential area and we could hear music clearly, so it was either be hot or put up with the noise (on top of the door slamming of course!)
The reception staff could do with some training - were were directed to the bar instead of the restaurant for our lunch (in our package) and were not given information about breakfast when we had paid for it especially. On the plus side, the restaurant staff were very helpful and pleasant. Sorry De Vere, but I expected so much more.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel Kings Langley
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 22 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Hunton Park is a charming Queen Anne Mansion house with extensive meeting, training and special event facilities, including a dedicated marquee. Coupled with modern refurbished bedrooms, Hunton Park is a fantastic location for business meetings, training, weddings through to short relaxing leisure stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your De Vere Venues Hunton Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.