“A hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Millsboro, DE
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

From our very first sight of the property and its well-maintained pool, we were very happy with our stay here. Angel at the front desk was a super-friendly, welcoming person (and was equally as friendly when we needed directions by showing us the workings of a computer set up there for guests to use for directions...and also very friendly when we were checking out). A cute surprise is that the names of the day's new guests are posted on a sign board near the 24-hour coffee station in the lobby. The property was very clean and suites were roomy, nicely decorated, and bedding was comfy. If I had to find one thing to "criticize", it would be the constant on and off of the ventilation system, which does generate a bit of noise for when you try to sleep....but that wouldn't stop us from staying there again. We went out and got our dinner and ate by the pool the one night we were there, which was wonderful. I used the pool and it was very nice. Breakfast was nicely presented and the food was average for "free" hotel breakfast food. We wished we were there more than one night and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerVeniceFl, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Let me start with a thank you. Venice is a great town that is becoming very popular. We are so glad to be your hidden gem. Jan

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a wonderful room at this Best Western, a large room with microwave, refrigerator, small sink and coffee pot. The whole suite was nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was provided and was very good. Coffee was provided 24 hours a day in the lobby which was a nice surprise. The front desk was helpful with directions. In a nice quiet location but close to the interstate. Free wi-fi. Computers with printers were available on all floors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerVeniceFl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you. We hope you can come again to see us. Jan
Hemel Hempstead, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed here several times on trips up and down the west side of Florida. Very consistent in their high standards, and professional front desk staff. Close to I75 but very quiet and peaceful. Convenient for a nice Publix and Walgreens!
Two 'must visits' for the nature lover are Caspersen park and Shamrock Nature Centre.
You won't regret booking this hotel..

Room Tip: Front of hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerVeniceFl, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you. Hopefully you can stay longer next time. Jan
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with my 6 night stay last month, even after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor.
Rooms: I had a king size bed on the 3rd floor, quiet and very clean throughout. Room includes flat screen TV, small refrigerator/microwave, coffee/tea maker, etc. Did I mention all the space you have? Lastly a room where I really don't feel too caved in.

Breakfast: Great breakfast, and the area was kept so clean as well which I really appreciated. They always have something warm along with your basics (cereals, bagels/toast, juices, coffee, waffle maker). One morning was cheese omelets with bacon on the side. Another morning scrambled eggs with hash. Another cheese omelets with ham on the side. A little repetition with the warm food during my six night stay, but it was all good so no complaints.

Staff: friendly and professional.

Location: Perfect for me as I needed to be by I-75. Not to far from old town Venice and beaches and all the wonderful shops Venice has to offer. Easy drive.
If you return to the hotel and do not want to get back in the car, it's great having Brewburgers Pub and Grill there(almost right next door, 2 minute walk) or you can even walk to Cracker Barrel in just a few minutes. The area is very safe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ManagerVeniceFl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have heard complaints in the past that when people stay for a week like yourselves, that breakfast is the same every day. That's why we try to switch up the hot item at least on a 4 day rotation. It's customer feedback like yours that we run this hotel on. Thank you for taking the time to write about us. Jan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my third stay at this Best Western so I knew it was a clean, convenient and a very well managed facility. This was the first time, however, I stayed longer than a couple of nights and it did not disappoint. In fact, if anything, I was impressed that they only continue to make the stay better.

My wife and I stayed for seven nights (over the holidays) in one of their "super" clean rooms. And, it was super clean. The new wood floor and air purifier in our room were great additions. With the choice in pillows, fluffy towels in the bathroom, and a varied warm complimentary breakfast in the morning, they leave little to be desired. The nicest aspect of the stay, however, was the friendliness and efficiency of the front desk and entire staff for that matter. We booked a room for our aunt for one night during our stay. The front desk was kind enough to ensure that she was able to get a room next to ours despite the hotel being completely full. They even shared their homemade cookies with us...which I didn't need but thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you again Best Western Plus, Venice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy to hear that the laminate floors are a hit. I am not a carpet person myself and was hoping that people would like the clean feel of the laminate floors. Hope to see you again soon. Jan

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice? Share your experiences!