“Just what we needed to for our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewiston, Maine
“Just what we needed to for our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

We had a nice heated pool with plenty of towels and a breakfast buffet with lots to eat. Maybe I haven't stayed at enough nice places with attentive staff, but it made me appreciate our stay in Venice. The place is was such great condition that we thought the hotel was new, but had been open for years.

The only suggestion I would have is about the breakfast, or more specificially, morning shift supervision. One manager hovered around to make sure we had enough of everything -- we did. But you can be vigilant without looking like you're ready to pounce when something goes wrong. You work at a great place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boisbriand, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Ambassador suites Venice from Feb 27 to March 11. We enjoyed every minutes of our stay.
1. Very Quiet room on 2nd Floor
2. Nice layout on Queen suites with living room area and kitchennette. Very clean
3. I would like to point out 1 employee. Mr. Angel at the front desk: This gentlemen was super. He speak English, Spanish and French...Wow!!. We are from Montreal , Quebec, Canada and we speak French but are fully bilingual . We really appreciated the fact that Angel spoke to us in French the whole 12 days we stayed there even if we replied in English. Very nice, he made our stay most enjoyable and refered us some good place to eat, visit and alway inquire about our day on our return at the hotel.
4. All staff was very nice, always smiling and helpfull.
5. Breakfast was good and had something for everyone's taste.

In general I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Great location to go visit, golfing, beached, etc...Venice is a nice city...I fell in love with the West Coast of Florida!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

My month long stay ended in one week. We made reservations on-line and we're told at check-in the rate changed after first week even though our confirmation did not state the change. They put us in an end room knowing that there was no internet connection. We were told they were working on it and by end of week should work. Stayed patient up to that time and finally they found us another room.

The bedsheets and comforter did not seem clean in both rooms. The 2nd room had a cigarette odor. Asked them to please clean carpet, room and bedding since I have an allergy to smoke. Came back and it looked like they did nothing. Stripped the bed myself and asked for clean bedding but the staff could not find any clean. Found there was no mattress cover on the bed and the bathroom floor was not clean. The desk clerks said they were getting many complaints about the bedding cleanliness. At that point I checked out immediately.

The air-conditioning is loud. The breakfast is just okay but it ends at 9:00 which most places stay open till 10:00. Tables were not cleaned.

I called back the next day to talk with the Manager. She denied all my complaints even though their desk staff talked with me about the complaints. Talked with couple others occupants and they also had problems. The staff were friendly, but did not feel like they were doing anything to help the problems. If cleanliness is important to you at a hotel, Best Western is not the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I don't usally stay at Best Western's, most seem old and worn and past thier prime. This place looked pretty good front the street, and since I was in despaerate need of a place to stay I thought it would do. I was surprised by the professionalism of the staff and the decor and freshness of the lobby. The room was on par with the Garden Inn's I frequent. The breakfast was pretty standard fare for a freebie and again the morning shift of the front desk was professional and friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Wlimore, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves again! Room was very comfortable and spacious. Flat screen TVs are great! Staff is courteous and breakfast is more than adequate with a good variety of hot items. Easy access to both I-75 and downtown Venice (we love the food and shopping!). We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

This hotel has everything. The rooms are large and comfortable, all the staff are friendly and helpful, the whole place is spotless.Free computer access is provided and the hot breakfast supplied was always sufficient. All in all a fine place to stay if you're in this part of the country.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Best Western Suites in Venice, FL, is the only hotel in town that can fit my family! Apparently, it is the only hotel in town with suites. We have 6 children and our suite was so roomy that we had plenty of space! The kitchenette, jet tub, built in table and fluffy towels were such a bonus! The room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable! I look forward to staying there again when I visit Venice and will recommend all my relatives stay there after we move there!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice? Share your experiences!