“Perfect for business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Venice
Martinsburg, United States
“Perfect for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is an excellent hotel for conducting business in the Venice, FL area. It is convenient to the downtown/airport area and is easily reached from the interstate. The accomodations were good and had I had more free time during the day I would definitely have taken a swim in the pool. Internet access was excellent and even though renovations were occurring, they did not impact me one bit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
The Hampton Inn & Suites is indeed a perfect hotel for conducting business in Venice. So many of our guests stay here because of our location and the value we provide including our Free Breakfast Buffet. But as you mention, we are ideally situated to all Venice business locations and close to the downtown shopping and restaurants also. When you think of staying in Venice for busness or leisure, think of the Hampton Inn & Suites.

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I don't understand all of the positive reviews for this hotel. It's ok. Very average. Yes, good location (what's not to like about Venice in the Winter) but definitely not worth the money. The hotel is under renovation, which I knew. However, when I made the reservation directly with the hotel, I was told that all of the rooms were complete and that only the hallways were still under some construction. Hmmmm, The chairs in my room were stained.. The stripes on the cardpet clashed with the stripes on the old bedskirt. The furniture is tired. The original clerk told me on the phone thqt the beds were new. Not so....soft an ready for replacement and in order to bring your luggage to your room in the back of the hotel, you have to lug it up steps to get in the first floor. The so called business center was an old computer set up on a temporary folding table, in a room with the banquet guys counting napkins. The tv in the room took a very long time to move from channel to channel and the number of channels was limited.
Clean yes. Nice people yes. Worth the money. No.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate all of the reviews posted on Tripadvisor. You mentioned some very positive advantages for staying at our hotel including the staff, location and room cleanliness. But just as much as we take pride in those attributes, we will take into consideration your other comments. Most of these will be taken care of when we are complete with our renovation. Thank you again for your feedback.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were in town for a horse show and this hotel is perfect if your headed to Fox Lea. Very clean rooms and bathrooms were nicely updated. WiFi worked great. Coffee at 5am was a good start to the day. Breakfast was good too. Would recommend this hotel if your in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The Hampton Inn & Suites Venice is indeed a great location and very clean. Our value is second to none. In addition to the great location and very clean rooms, our experienced staff will do whatever we can to insure your stay exceeds your expectations. We do offer the free breakfast buffet daily and free cookies nightly. You will also find free newspapers during the week. Best of all we are close to Venice Beach.
ont. cda.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

WE stayed for three days from Dec.28-30 while waiting for our cottage on the Gulf. The staff and room was nice, even there was renovations going on. The pool was clean and located in a courtyard off the registration desk and breakfast area. The cookies were a nice touch as was the daily newspaper.

Room Tip: 220-or 221was a .nice room close to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We so appreciate your review. It is valuable to our staff and our future guests. Our renovation will be wrapping up soon and I'm glad you enjoyed our pool and the nightly complimentary cookies. The Hampton Inn & Suites is the best value for overnight accomodations in the area. Come visit us soon.
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would've given this hotel five stars but I couldn't because of the renovation going on but also the room looked a little outdated. I can't complain too much though because they did upgrade me for free to a room that had two queen beds a small living room and a small kitchen. I would like to come back here after the renovation is over and see the hotel again and I'm sure it'll look much better. Overall four stars.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Glad that they are renovating the Hotel. Our room had new carpet/paint but not soft goods/furniture. Upon arrival, the gentleman that checked us in had had no clue on providing good service. He was extremely casual, shirttail out, texting on his phone and looked at me as if I was an interruption to his personal affairs. He never welcomed me, gave me any info on the property, no effort to direct my to my room. After reviewing the hotel directory, I saw an ad for a restaurant that was in walking distance to the Hotel. I went to the desk and asked directions and his response I don't know where it is. No offer for an assistance. The remainder of my stay was better, and I enjoyed the breakfast. Beds were not that comfortable. Air conditioning worked well.The staff on the day shift seemed much more hospitable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is very valuable to us to hear feedback from our valued guests so that we may improve our product and service that we provide to our guests. We will ensure that any matters you experienced during your stay are not repeated in the future. Thank you again and we appreciate your choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice.
NW PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is one of the nicest Hampton inns I have ever stayed at and I'll use this place as a standard for all Hampton inns. Beautiful, spacious rooms, clean, comfortable, wonderful staff and a great breakfast to boot!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!