“Wonderful Place, Wished I Was Staying Longer Than One Night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% by Booking Early
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Venice
Bellmore, Long Island
“Wonderful Place, Wished I Was Staying Longer Than One Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I generally like Hampton Inns, and this one is definitely above average.

At check in, the front desk manager was on the phone with a guest who was driving to the hotel in pouring rain and was lost. The desk manager's name was Tashwana (spelling is probably wrong). I was very impressed the extent that she went our of her way to help this lost motorist. While on the phone, she check us in, and showed us where our room was. I am sure some people would be upset that she was on the phone while checking us in, but put yourself in the place of the guy in the car who was totally lost. I had not problems and admired her patience.

Our room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Not like at a fine resturant, but it was fine.

In all, we had a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice FL for your recent stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business. I especially want to thank you for mentioning that one or our superior Guest Service Representatives had exceeded your expectations.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pottsboro, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel was average; not exceptional like other Hilton hotels. The room was okay, but I consistently had a hard time getting into it. My door key would not work. I had the front desk re-key my card, and I still could not get in. I went back the third time, and suggested to the staff person that I would like someone to look at the door. Another staff person came to my room and looked at the lock, and said because the door was slammed numerous times, the lock was out of adjustment. He had some tools and fiddled with it for a couple of minutes, and finally got it to work. However it continued to be a challenge to get into my room. Another guest told me that she had a similar problem. Is this acceptable to allow a problem to continue like that? I don't think so. They also had a hot water issue the first morning I was there..

Room Tip: Only breakfast and no room service.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Venice Fl. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your security and ease of entrance is a primary focus of our staff. Issues concerning our door locks may be mechanical or error in entry of the room number and length of stay. Or possibly operator error. We take this issue seriously and will make the needed adjustments to remedy this issue immediately. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention.
Easton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good setting with fairly comprehensive basic breakfast bar. Very good oatmeal for those who favor oatmeal! Similar to most Hampton Inn's in terms of room layout and lobby. Pleasant breakfast area and, as usual, very good bed and pillows. Staff was pleasant but not overly helpful. This was their busy time (February and March) and the Inn was filled most nights. Reservations, for this winter time frame, were necessary. One of the best non-beach location inns in the Venice area.

Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was on the basis of our wonderful experience at the Hampton Inn in Lake Wales that we stayed here. We appreciate that the hotel is older but there is no reason for a soiled rug. We had room 232. We did appreciate being able to open the window which is not possible at most modern hotels.
Unfortunately we have not stayed in Venice before and can not do a comparison but I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMgr, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It allows us to correct any problem our guests may see. The Hampton Inn & Suites Venice has a goal to exceed our guests expectations each and everytime. At times, issues might be missed by our staff. I do want to announce that we are planning a complete room renovation this fall. Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

As always, this was another wonderful Hampton Inn. We got in later in the evening and this was just a night's stay, but for the time we were here it was just great. The front desk staff was awesome and friendly. The breakfast was the usual Hampton breakfast but great as usual. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold....just as it should be. I was not able to rate the room service or restaurant as we did not use it. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I base my reviews on the attitude of the employees and the cleanliness of the rooms. I was not disappointed in the least. There was not one thing I didn't like.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stopped here for one night, then decided to stay another, then another. This hotel was so comfortable and well designed, it felt like home. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite which was spacious, very comfortable and had a kitchen with dishes and utensils. Pool was beautiful. Breakfast the best we had during our 3-week road trip! And, staff was outstanding. We especially enjoyed the help of front desk "J.C." who helped us extend our stay for the 3 days we were there. Wish all the Hampton Inns were as exceptional as this one!

Room Tip: 3rd floor over pool was great!
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We drove from Delray Fla. to Venice so that my 86 yr old wonderful mom could see her 90 year old sister. We met family and cousins. It will probably be the last trip and only trip to make because as being the daughter and living in Chicago it was a long trip. Back to the hotel, the room was very clean lovely duvet covers. It was most comfortable. The breakfast bar and the presentation was very fresh. I bring my own oatmeal and combo cereal because I am very health savy. The fresh fruit was just outstanding. I could keep on going but I do not want to bore you. This was just a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Just make sure you have a reservation becdause the only room they had left was a smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!