“SUCKED” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Venice Palm Inn

Save Saved
You added Venice Palm Inn to your Saves list
Venice Palm Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 S Tamiami, Venice, FL 34293 (Formerly Travellers Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Venice
Valrico, Florida
“SUCKED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Reserved two king beds with a frig, coffee maker, microwave and continental breakfast ...received full size bed none of the appliances even though I went down and asked for at least a coffee maker no breakfast. The bath wouldn't make a bath for my grand daughter ...so we had to fill the tub from the shower head, on the second night it wouldn't drain ....ohhh and cold water only. Definite don't do

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I usually check tripadvisor for ratings on hotels, but this time I was just in a hurry to get a room and take off with me two children for the weekend. Boy, I REEEALY wish I had checked this site!
Check in was ok, I held the room with a CC and wanted to pay cash upon arrival. Didn't know they would want another $100 cash for deposit, didn't have another $100 so on the CC it went, no big deal. Got my cards and went around to the back of the property. Passed the pool area with some not so desirable looking people sitting by the pool boozing it up. Whatever...on to my room. Opened the door, beds not made, pictures off the wall and laying on the floor...called the desk and they advised it was not on the operational list and they would bring me keys to a new room....which was no where near the pool like I had originally requested when I booked. Our room was ok...but it stunk, of smoke. Carpet had burns in it, only one towel and no washcloths. Had to get more from front desk, they smelled like smoke. Wifi was free, but extremely weak. I think my biggest complaint is the people that they let live here from week to week. Like I stated before, they were less than desirable! I'll never be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you have a life long dream of staying in a place that has roaches, rats, dirty rooms, rude employees with zero professionalism, people peeing over the balcony and double charging you then this is the place for you. There are residents who live on site who are by far the pedo type. They will molest you children in a heart beat so keep them on a short leash. If you want to be able to take a shower be sure to bring your own towels because you either wont have any or you have to wait until 12pm for them to be washed as there are no extras. If you are trying to beat the summer heat don't count on getting ice. There is only one machine for the entire hotel and it gives you exactly 3 ice cubes. If you are brave enough to stay for more than one night and need to do laundry be prepared to wait. There is only one washer and dryer and the "residents" camp out by them all night. There is a bar downstairs which would be okay if there weren't drunk toothless wonders sitting outside yelling until the wee hours of the night. Don't worry though if you should need emergency service the police are always on the property checking on the pedophiles and quieting down the drunken bar goers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Not only was the room a filthy mess..with bugs mold and a musky smell but i watched and recorded drug use and selling out of the back rooms by where the owners stay!! after reporting the problem the charged me a smoking fee which should of never been charged and then they charged me for an invisisble cat that never existed!!! I called to talk to owners and was not permitted to do so by the manager AMANDA whom proceede to hang up on me 3 times before i decided to drive all the way back to try to get my money that i still havent been refunded so now i am calling a lawyer and the non emergency venice police the druggies in the back was ridiculous and what was even more shocking the owners son was all buddied up to the drug dealers!!! please be careful if u stay here!!!my advice avoid it like the plague!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cocoa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I booked a room for one night while visiting family. We were told the hotel had just been renovated. I saw no evidence of that. The room had dirty walls, mismatched furniture, newer tv but remote didn't work. Broken lamp. The noise from the bar downstairs kept us up. Had to call manager because there were kids running up and down at 11:30-12 at night. Kids playing on the elevater. My breaking point was getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I turned the light on and there were at least a dozen roaches. Nasty. Towel rack and tp holder falling off wall. I was so disgusted. Would never go back. No sleep and had to pay almost $80. Never again.

Room Tip: Awful. Don't waste your money.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
South Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Booked a last minute trip to Venice and stayed here for a night. Arrived at 5 pm and requested a renovated room. The first room was not cleanonce we got to it, the second room was ready but once we checked it out laughed about the "renovations". The room faced Tamiami Trail and the traffic was indeed very noisy. There was a lot of water that accumulated in front I the rooms from the AC drainage pipes. Also, had I not of been with my husband I would not have stayed here alone with my kids. The front staff was pleasant and accommodating but they cannot compensate for the lack of care the owners give to this motel. Both rooms we entered had a large water heater in the closet which prevented us from properly hanging our clothes and with no closet door this seems like a child hazard. The exposed drain lines and pipes under the sink was just poor planning . The furniture was all mismatched and had been pretty banged up. The coffee maker was filthy as was the soap dish. The shower had loose tile around the faucet . The pros: close proximity to Venice Beach The cons: noisy traffic, filthy cleaning standards and shabby renovation work.

Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I came back after a visit a few years ago. how else can you describe this other than HORRIBLE!!! Unless you get a renovated room by the pool, STAY AWAY! For prices of 159.00-179.00 .... NO WAY! Unless its an emergency, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: the only decent rooms are the rooms by the pool....they most likely will not put you there unless yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Venice Palm Inn? Share your experiences!