“Over Priced and Shabby” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 S Tamiami, Venice, FL 34293 (Formerly Venice Palm Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Over Priced and Shabby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This Inn looked okay from the front in the dark but once inside it is in dire need of renovation. Beds were saggy, shower was dirty. I was charged the bargain price of 159.00, down from 179.00 plus tax. Computer could not even print a receipt. Would not stay here again

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the highway, check the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank BigOldBear05

altoona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night for business in Venice. Hairs in the sink, old shampoo bottle in the shower, not sure the sheets were even washed. New marble sink top and fancy faucet. Nice tv. Old furniture. Disgusting carpet. Unfinished closet and tile work. Don't even bother with 'breakfast'. Management clueless about hospitality industry.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank aca32

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Progress is being made by the new ownership as of a few months ago. Things have been improved a great deal since I stayed here in May of 2013. New paint, ac units, and even furniture have helped a lot. I'm giving them a very good because of the improvements and the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing US Hwy 41 and it should be a lot quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RealDonn
Trenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Owner not helpful hot breakfast is a joke room had bed bugs just a bad experience Will Not Go Back To This Place ever hotel needs a major makeover warning stay away will never stay here again stay away from this place at all cost

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank James W
North Port, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here last night with my 2 children. I got into the room to find there was no refrigerator or microwave, called the desk and had some delivered. Tried putting my children into the bath to find out there was no hot water. Again, called front desk, the maintenance man came and checked everything, nothing would work. I had to load up my children and our things and go down to the front desk and get another room, lug everything upstairs again. Only to get into another room with no water coming from the hot faucet at all. Called the desk yet again and, and again, given another room. Thank goodness the 3rd room had hot water.

Upon check out, I spoke to the owner regarding the $7 I had been overcharged. He was happy to fix it, as he didn't want anyone leaving angry. Not once was I offered a credit, a refund, or even an extra night stay for the fact that I had to load up and move 2 young children and a cart full of luggage not once, but 3 times.

Extremely disappointed with my stay here. I probably would have fared better at the Motel 6.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank lhank85
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I came down to Venice in a hurry, looking for a place to stay. The Venice Palm Inn was the cheapest hotel around, so that is was i expected, a cheap hotel! I was greeted by a friendly staff and checked in without a hitch. As I opened the door, I noticed that the room was recently renovated. It was something totally unexpected. The room was clean and surprisingly spacious. I had to leave suddenly on a family emergency and they were so understanding. I would recommend this hotel to anybody coming to Venice. The room was great, the staff was great, and the price was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sam F
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was PERFECT. We paid about half price for the hotel using travelocity so we paid about $50.00 a night. I liked that they gave you Subway Breakfast coupons, and it's right downstairs in the hotel! Yummy Ham, Egg, & Cheese sandwiches! The room was very clean and everything worked in it. There were no icky smells. The entire facillity was very clean, and the staff was ABOVE AND BEYOND Nice. We had so many ridiculous questions and they just kept on helping us. They have a BRAND NEWLY OPENED bar downstairs, they did not blast any music and they were all super cool. My husband and I are not BIG drinkers, but we for sure went down for a late nightcap when we had gotten home. They only do beer and wine, so very melow now. Apparently they HAD been a crazy bar there but it is under new ownership now. They had a pool table which my husband loves! It wall all a great experience. AND IT is so super close to Venice Ave and the beach. WILL ABSOLUTELY be going back to stay in the future. This time it was just my husband and I(Mini Honeymoon) but the next trip we will be bring our Toddler!!
TOTALLY getting more for your money here!

Room Tip: Anywhere was fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christi D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Inn at the Beach
#6 of 13 in Venice
4.5 of 5 stars 76 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ambassador Suites Venice
Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!