“Happy New Year!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Venice
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Happy New Year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times over the years and will continue to come back. It's a very laid back old Florida hotel, only 3 blocks from the main road. We walked everywhere and never felt worried about it no matter the time. You can bring your dog(s) and now that I saw how nice the dog beach is down the road near Sharkeys, we will be bringing them too! I enjoyed talking to the staff each day, they were very friendly.

Room Tip: Venice rolls up the streets pretty early, never had a problem with street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am a 35 year old man. This was a great little cozy hotel. Right down the street from many shops, pubs and churches. I stayed for a weekend and had a really good time. Very relaxing and a great place to come to clear your head. Staff was decent, informative yet emotionless and constantly poker-faced. I Had a awesome time reading by day and throwin' down at night. I would abso-definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We live in Sarasota County and wanted a close by Memorial Day vacation with our dog and were really happy to find the Island Breeze Inn. It is a historic old Florida motel that has been updated and is kept in tip top shade. Tile floors, small bathroom, basic decorating. I know it is not for some but we really loved it. Nice Pool. Venice is just the best for bikes and dogs. There is a great dog beach so we exhausted our dog at the beach. Then we walked to Venice Avenue which is the main street in downtown Venice. Lots of good restaurants to choose from. There was also a beer festival that weekend downtown which was fun. We were so tired one night we didnt feel like doing out for dinner. So we just walked to the Publix, got salads and were good to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights while we were visiting Venice for the first time. We really enjoyed staying there. We had a little lizard friend stay in our closet for 2 days. No big deal, it's Florida! The room was a little tight. If you have a small family it's works great. The beds were nice. The pool area was very clean and nice. It's not to far from the beach. If you are going to look for sharks teeth drive down to Caspersons Beach! We had alot of luck there. The lady's in the office were really nice also. Walgreens is right across the street. Sharky's on the Pier has some great food!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Windham, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am chemically sensitive, and it is hard for me to stay in hotels. Most use air fresheners and strong chemicals. When I called to book, the girl who booked me was very accommodating and understood my needs. They do not routinely use air fresheners and they were willing to air out the room. A few minutes later, she called me back and said that there was another room (with double instead of queen beds) which wasn't booked for that night, so it would have more time for the bleach to outgas. I was very impressed that they would take the time to call me back. I did well in the rooms (actually, we extended our stay and stayed in 2 rooms). Tiled floors, cotton blanket. The people were great! It is very clean. It is an older hotel, so one of the rooms presented some challenges accessing outlets. Love the area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Close to the main road, Walgreens and Venice center. Rooms are small but with a home touch. We stayed there for 2 nights and had a great time. Very friendly staff. Would recommend this motel, but don`t expect world class. Expect hospitality and laid back atmosphere. I`ll be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

An old hotel whose sign noted that the hotel was celebrating its 60th year at the end of 2011 was a pleasant enough stay for a night. I did stop in for the night at this hotel having read the review from the 4th edition of the Lonely Planet: Florida travel book. Now, this volume does state that there is a hefty Continental breakfast (which did interest me), but upon asking there was no breakfast offered. The restaurant The Clock is across the street for breakfast seekers who need food immediately. The hotel is apparently the oldest in Florida and it certainly has a degree of charm creating a nice nostalgic feeling. The room I had was furnished with two beds and bathroom. The Lonely Planet guide does say that the hotel is one of the quietest in Venice, but I caution travelers staying here in that the hotel is located on the 3 lanes (6 lanes total across) Tamiami Trail which has a lot of traffic on it regularly. For the sleeper who needs quiet or just hates to hear traffic, the building is old and the noise does seep in. I was located about 4-5 rooms back from Tamiami Trail. The room itself was clean and certainly was good enough for a night. The beds were ok in terms of comfort. Considering the location, I wouldn't want to spend much more time than that here. There is a small pool here and I did see a laundry room. However, since it is on the commercial mecca of Tamiami Trail, you should have no problem finding anything you need nearby. The price was terrific at less than $80. I don't believe the lady at the front desk really enjoyed her job.

Room Tip: Try to be as far away from Tamiami Trail as possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family