“Food is great; servers are great; management way under par!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Ristorante

Luna Ristorante
200 Saint Augustine Ave, Venice, FL 34285-1828 (Formerly Luna Risorante)
(941) 412-9898
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 215 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Adrian, Michigan
“Food is great; servers are great; management way under par!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were a party of 6 - no reservations but we did call-ahead. Waited still over an hour while other large parties without reservations were seated. Hostess is not friendly and seems very short tempered. That said, the food is wonderful but portions are way too large. One couple can easily share. Antipasto salad fed 6 with lots to take home. Our server was excellent. We were one of the last couple to eat that evening and I think the hostess (maybe owner) finally realized how poorly we were treated and sent a fresh bread pudding to our table for dessert. Nice touch but I wonder how many others would leave and not wait so long.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Venice, Florida
“No service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stood in the restaurant more than 10 minutes & were never greeted, We could see people seated with menus during that time and nobody ever waited on them either. One waiter appeared to working the outside tables and one waitress came out twice to service inside tables, but ignored us. A gentleman was waiting at the counter to pay his bill when we entered, and he finally went back to his table. We left. Luckily there are many good alternatives in Venice.

• Visited February 2014
Venice, Florida
“large portions, large price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Large portion sizes - couldn't finish it. Food quality OK. Service was fine but slow at lunch. Food is OK, just not worth the cost. Beware - cash or check only. No credit cards.

Visited February 2014
Forest, Virginia
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Three of us dined at Luna Ristorante last week and came away very satisfied. The atmosphere was casual, the food was very good, and the portions were huge. It is rare for me to not finish an entree, but the quantity was such that take home containers were utilized by each of us. My niece, who lives in the area and suggested Luna, described it as her favorite Italian restaurant. Josh was an excellent waiter with a fun attitude and efficient service. Prices are reasonable, but credit cards are not accepted so bring cash or check.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Hit or miss, management doesn't care”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Food was good and plentiful. BUT... Pasta was horribly over done, but I ate it this Tuesday night anyways. I mentioned it on the way out to the owner who really couldn't care less. As a business owner myself I was shocked by her lack lack of concern. I should have sent it back and had them redo it. I'll go back, but I'll send it back without hesitation until they get it right. I know they can do it. Give it a try, but beware and don't accept subpar food.