“Special Occassions” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 210 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas, Continental, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are an intimate bistro style restaurant located in the Historic District of Downtown Venice with a Continental Menu with a Polynesian flair. Don't let the name fool you-this is not an Italian restaurant. Walk or Bike to local shops and beaches and parks. Outside dining is available. Reservations accepted and walk ins welcome. Separate Lunch and Dinner Menu. Casual Fine Dining and Wine Bar (we offer beer & wine only). We are very close to Venice Little Theatre now known as Venice Theatre and are happy to accommodate all Theatre diners. Restaurant and full service catering are available. Lunch 11:30-2:30 (Mon Thru Sat)Dinner open at 5 (Mon Thru Sat)Sunday hours are dinner only in season only-call for availability.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Special Occassions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff is great! We love the attention they give to our family. We have had several family gatherings and it always makes it a special night. Love the fried spinach - who would have thought??? Great entertainment as well!

Visited October 2012
kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to do a nice write up on here for other travelers! We do strive to give every guest proper attention and make them feel special and important! I'm so thankful you noticed...as that is always our goal!! We'll see you again soon I hope.

Thanks for being a great customer and Bon Appetit
Michelle-PR/Catering/Events

Colorado
“Enjoyed a quick lunch here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stopped in here for a quick lunch. The service was good as was our food. I tried the grilled romane salad which was really good. I had mahi added to it. The mahi was so-so. I would probalby try something different next time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oh don't you just love that Grilled Romaine Heart! It is one of our signatures. I usually add Salmon to it, but probably the most popular thing to do is to add one of our Homemade Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes! So Yummy. Glad you found us and hopefully you'll stop in again! You'll have to give our dinner menu a try as well. The chef makes some wonderful dishes, and we'd be happy to pair your meal with a great wine from our list.

Thanks again and Bon Appetit,
Michelle-PR/Catering/Events
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great Chefs Specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice little gem in the heart of Venice. Wonderful fresh grouper prepared perfect. Wine selection needs some attention, but decent selections. Plate presentation was awesome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks so much for you write up. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Grouper Special. It's on of my favorities too! You'll have to let us know what you'd like to see added to our wine list. We change it periodically, often do a monthly feature to have somethign new....and have over 100 wines on the list! We are consistently tasting new things...and be on the lookout for a great new addition to our list ERBA....the Merlot drinks like a rich cab...and the Syrah is great too!
See you soon,
Michelle-PR
Venice
“Don't have time for guests today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Venice arts festival is going on and the streets are packed. Although the door is open and all tables were set, we were asked to go (along with at least 10 others) until 11:30 (it was 11). The lady, in a bad mood directing us to leave, forced us across the street where they wanted our business. Poor planning of cafe Venice. We will not be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I wanted to take a moment to respond to your post. We open daily for lunch at 11:30, and that reason is because our chefs are preparing fresh foods for you to feast on. On Art Festival days, we are extremely busy with the many people who come downtown to enjoy the day with their friends and families and there is so much preparation that they have to do in order to get ready for the lunch time guests. And yes, we d-o make them come to work early too!! (We are not open for breakfast). I'm sorry you were directed to another place to dine-I would have simply offered you a drink and asked for your patience while are chef's were finishing up the final touches on their specialties for the day, and hoped that you would have enjoyed relaxing with a beverage until we could feed you. Hopefully you will understand the hard work that goes into fresh preparations and come try us again. We will be ready at 11:30 (but if you come a little early-we can offer you a seat to relax in and at least get you a cold beverage!)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sister & I had lunch there and it was very good all around...our server was very attentive..food was awesome & I would highly suggest trying the Grilled Romaine Heart Salad but I switched it up a little & got goat cheese instead of feta...oh my goodness so so yummy & the Portoblla sandwich was just as tastey...my sister got the Quiche & we both got the soup..everything was perfect & I topped it off with a nice glass of wine. We took our time..we were not rushed. How I missed not trying this place sooner is beyond me as I have eaten at places along Venice Ave....I will be back in February.....Keep up the good work...

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the terrific write up! That grilled romaine heart is one of my personal favorites!! We will definately look for having you as a guest again in February!
Bon Appetite,