“Good Mexican food... Not great but good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 215 Restaurants in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Venice, FL
“Good Mexican food... Not great but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is probably the best Mexican food in Venice. It's not the best I've ever had, but it's good. I think it all depends on what you order. The service is always good and the food is above average most of the time. I like the enchiladas, taquitos, and their dessert that's cinnamon tortilla strips with whip cream, chocolate and caramel sauce. Anytime I'm craving Mexican and want to stay local this is where we good.

Visited August 2013

North Port
“Excellent food and service as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been to Mi Pueblo many times and have always had great food and service. You always see the same employees there so they must enjoy working there. It is the best Mexican food to be found in the Venice, Port Charlotte and North Port area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Fun Dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our second visit & it was as good as we remembered! A reasonable 30 minute wait on a Saturday night. Excellent top shelf Margaritas Very good salsa good food reasonably priced, attentive staff.

Visited August 2013
Romford, United Kingdom
“I wish I could leave worse review so people don't go there... (as it's so popular you can wait for a table for an hour)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It has become one of the best eateries in Venice. Great food, fantastic atmosphere, live music on Wednesday, good prices. The staff could be a little bit more aware of their moods when they get really busy, as the waiter we had this time was a bit abrupt to start of with. We will definitely go back there again next year, but would hope that we won't have to wait for the table an hour (we were there outside of season!!! would not want to try to get there in January)

Visited July 2013
Venice, Florida
“Very Good Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Mi Pueblo is a very good Mexican restaurant located off US 41 Bypass. In season it can be very busy with one hour plus waiting time at dinner so keep that in mind. Especially love the fried tacos and chimichanga with yummy shredded breast of chicken. Tortilla soup was excellent. The queso fundido makes for a great appetizer. I was let down by their guacamole dip, I can make it better myself at home. I appreciate the complimentary salsa and chips but I have had better salsa elsewhere. Service has always been friendly and prompt. Have also ordered take out without disappointment!

• Visited June 2013