“This place is not what it once was.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 210 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
“This place is not what it once was.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We went and decided to have early lunch late dinner. We proceeded to the hostess stand and the girl kept talking on the walkie talkie and asked 4 times if she could seat 2 outside. No one answered her first 3 times and then she insteucted us to the captain morgan hostess stand. We got seated and Pigeons were everywhere. Brushing up against our feet. If you have a fear of birds which there are people who do this place is not for you. I ordered a kobe burger which I have eaten at other places alot. My husband ordered a burger but he got their regular burger. Food came out and my burger looked like a frozen hard puck. I took one bite and i just knew this wasn't a kobe burger. If you have eaten a kobe burger then you will understand. This tasted like those bubba burgers they sell at walmart but actually worse. My husband burger was juicy and well done when he wanted it rare. Mine was hockey puck hard. I literally had to drink my water to keep it fron being so dry and getting stuck in my throat. Waiter asked if there was a problem and I asked him if this is the kobe burger and he said it was. And that they are frozen.Had a smirk on his face as he walked off. My advice is dont go here for the food. Go for the beautiful view. Service is mediocre. Its you average restraunt.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Nothing like it used to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I guess all the expansion is going to ownership and management's heads, because this place is nothing like it used to be.

Sat outside and our server was clearly disinterested. The menu has been reworked and not for the better. We were constantly assaulted by pigeons (seriously, lots of them around our feet and pecking at us!). Can you say unsanitary?

The food was fair at best. My wife ordered a Kobe burger that came as a frozen patty that had the flavor of sawdust. When the server was questioned, he said "Of course it's frozen, what were you expecting with Kobe?" Excuse me??? She wasn't expecting a frozen patty that McDonalds would have been embarrassed to serve.

This place had better get over themselves and fast, or their new expansion is going to sit relatively empty.

Venice, Florida
“Never again !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Waitstaff unpleasant...manager uncooperative...food? ..Nothing to write home about !! Value ? NONE !! Way over priced.. TOURIST TRAP !! Oh and dirty as heck !!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Don't believe the hostess when they tell you the wait will be 20 mins because my family waited over 45 minutes for indoor seating. It's not worth that wait at all. Skip this place and find a smaller local seafood place.

Scotland
“Still good but not quite as good as it was”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Still very good, but service is slower and staff seem pressurised so are making mistakes with orders or forgetting to bring drinks etc. or giving you the wrong check. All three happened in one evening and not just at our table.

It may have something to do with the building work so I hope everything will settle down once the new building is finished and it is not that the management is too stretched with the building works and taking over Snook Haven. It would be a shame if this is going to be the norm as we really like Sharky's

Food is still very good and location superb but standards have just slipped a little bit all round.

Visited October 2013