“Yummy dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 317B West Venice Avenue
“Yummy dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Love this fabulous food and prompt attentive service. We have a fabulous meal and great Czech beer and wine

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent European Food and Czech Food at it's Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I love TEF Bistro & Winery. We come here at least once a months for the Czech Food every third Wednesday of each months. The Potato and Bread Dumplings are out of this world. Just last night we enjoyed the pork roast with Sweet and Sour Cabbage and dumplings and the fantastic homemade Apple strudel. Nice personal atmosphere and Czech beer! The young owners Eliska and Thomas are Czech and they personally cook and wait on their guests.

Venice, Florida
“A true find! Lovely dining experience all the way around...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My dining companion and I were a bit daunted by the fact that we were the only ones in the restaurant at 5:45 pm on a Friday night, but are so happy we stayed! I ordered the sirloin medium rare and he had the pork chops, plus the bruschetta appetizer. The bruschetta was a very generous portion and extremely fresh and absolutely delish, as were the salads. Although my sirloin was a bit more on the medium side than med. rare, it was still very tasty. I ordered the mushroom sauce on the side, but my steak was so yummy I preferred to eat it sans sauce. My dining companion said his pork chop was perfect- he enjoyed my sauce with it. Presentation was worthy of a picture, but I didn't take one because I wanted to dive right in and start enjoying! Service was very good, and nice to find a place to carry on a conversation without having to shout...

Venice, Florida
“Perfect in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Three of us dined at the Bistro & Winery tonight - everyone of us thought it was delicious!!! Hubby had the linguine and meatballs which he says were the BEST EVER! The two ladies had fish with our special sauce. So, this is the coolest thing...you order either from the beef or fish menu, then you chose which sauce you would like...and a side. It's great!!! You technically have it made YOUR way!
Then, I must add, the service was the BEST! Of course, there's limited seating (which I love) but that means the best of service!
Revisit or not? ABSOLUTELY YES!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Meredith, NH
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wanted to try it as it is rated #1 for Venice resturants, and I can totally see why. We had delicious meals (sirloin steak, mahi). The sauces you can chose from were delicious.(my partner had blue cheese for her steak and I had lemon/rosemary/garlic for my fish). My mahi was a tad overdone for my liking, but the flavor was marvelous and the plate presentation was beautiful. Everything on it was scrumptious. And, the salad that is included was better than most you pay extra for. We sat outside and had the bonus of some live entertainment. (A great female singer). We didn't have reservations, (I tried to call but no answer) but that was not an issue. In high season (and once word spreads about this place), it might be a problem as the place is small.

• Visited April 2013