“Super fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 215 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Street Parking
Description: FRENCH CUISINE. BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNERMONDAY TO FRIDAY: 11:00AM TO 3:00PM AND 5:30PM TO 9:00PM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY: 9:AM TO 3:00PM AND 5:30PM TO 9:00PM
“Super fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick lunch and wow, what a great place. My husband ordered coffee, which is usually not a great idea at 2 in the afternoon, but he said it was outstanding. That certainly boded well for our meals, and we weren't disappointed. I hesitated at ordering the Key West sandwich because of past experiences with dry and stringy prosciutto ham, but this ham was tender and incredibly tasty. The cheese was also amazing, as was the baguette. My husband's sandwich was equally pleasing. Both sandwiches were served with a small salad of very fresh-looking mixed greens. The tomatoes used on the sandwiches and in the salad were not grocery store tomatoes, juicy and with actual flavor. Maybe they have a greenhouse attached to the back of the building? My only issue was that the salad dressing seemed bland; it could have used some lemon or vinegar to perk it up. The restaurant itself is charming, with great views of Venice Avenue. We look forward to returning to Le Petit Bistrot for dinner soon.

Visited January 2014

Houston, Texas
“Make it Real!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We sat down and was treated to a exceptional expierence
Ordered Wine Very Knowledegable Server MY partner ordered escargot the best I ordered french onion soup very good then came the full rack of lamb we shared nice sauce very good augratin potato's were good spinach needed a little help the bread was good for dessert they brought us a portifllo also good would come back best in venice

Visited December 2013
Rochester
“A bit of Paris on the Gulf Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This quaint little restaurant is right out of Paris. Service is great, food is even better.

On our most recent visit, we had their pate, which is more of a rustic style, and it doesn't disappoint.

My wife had the filet with a truffle mushroom sauce that she sopped up with their bread. I had the duck breast, which was equally delightful.

Their sides are also very Parisian - Potato Gratin and a Grilled Vegetable, which are the same across the dishes. Always nicely done and clearly made from what's most fresh.

Visited November 2013
Venice, Florida, United States
“A lovely little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

OK, so my bride and her daughter had stopped here for lunch one day last year and were entirely underwhelmed and I let them convince me not to try it. With the bride out of town, I decided to go anyway.

I'm glad I did.

The environment is small and cozy, the staff is able and friendly, and the food is quite good.

I ordered the escargot to start which were quite well prepared with a good garlicky butter sauce and excellent texture.

For my main course, I ordered the Seafood Crepe with Lobster Sauce. It consisted of two crepes generously filled with chopped shrimp and sea scallops which were cooked perfectly and were tender and flavorful. The lobster sauce served with it was phenomenal! I would have gladly made a meal of a bowl of that with a baguette and some wine and called it a day. The side was green beans with mushrooms. Very nicely cooked with just the right texture.

I spoke with another diner who ordered the special duck breast who said her meal was excellent as well.

The house bordeaux blanc was a good wine and reasonably priced. The rest of the list looked promising as well.

I will definitely return here and I will drag the bride with me to give it another chance.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, FL
“Cute little french bistro - good food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a small cafe with an interesting and somewhat eclectic menu. For lunch they had a variety of salads and sandwiches. I had the Le Petit Bistrot Salad, and it was fabulous. It was a Sunday afternoon, and not very busy. My only complaint was it seemed to take a bit longer than I would have expected to prepare and serve two salads. Nice wine list, attentive and friendly servers. Can't wait to try dinner there.

Visited October 2013