“Busy grill in Venice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Busy grill in Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Bonefish grill restaurant is situated in the small plaza right by US 41 in Venice. It maybe not the best ambiance location, but it is worth visiting. Restaurant opens at 4 pm. Arrive early as restaurant gets very busy, if you arrive after 6 pm be prepared to wait. Food is good. Fast and pleasant service. Grilled salon with bacon was a bit fatty, steak was good and cooked to order. Overall pleasant dining experience. Will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Venice, FL
“Poor Service - good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went for brunch, our first time last Sunday and although the food was good, service was very poor. It was at least 20 minutes before anyone acknowledged we were there and took our drink order. The server apologized for the wait, but there was still a long wait for everything.

Poor service will keep us from going back. There are too many other restaurants to try.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“Back for our annual trip...second review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was not planning on writing a second review because I loved it the first time around,and said so here. But I was just reminiscing about how much fun we had,how delicious the food was and how reasonable the prices were,I had to write again! We make an annual family trip to the Venice area every December and we have one "adult" dinner out. We chose Bonefish for the second year running and so glad we did. There were eight adults. We had four appetizers,all yummy. The dumplings,bang bang shrimp edamame and a seafood "dip". We all had cocktails,except for one(goes to price later!). Eight entree's from burger to fish to steak. Two deserts and 4 or 5 after dinner drinks. Did I forget something?!! It was soup to nuts! Not one complaint. As far as I am concerned, the price was completely reasonable for that many people and that much food and drink. I am thinking it was about $350 before tip. Since I am writing the review and I work in the service industry and I am a nervous nelly, I will throw in a few tidbits for information purposes. I initially thought the wait was a bit long between courses. Turned out I was entirely wrong. I am always complaining that dinner is not "leisurely" enough. This was perfect. The subject of service. I cannot complain about the waiter. He seemed a bit new perhaps and service was not seamless,but overall did a great job with a big party. I think the manager came over to inquire as to our dinner and not one person had a negative thing to say. Nice touch. Lastly two of us ordered "Nutty Irishman's" for after dinner. One hot. One on the rocks. A nutty Irishman is Baileys Irish cream and Frangelico. My sister wanted hers in coffee. Either the waiter or the bartender had NO idea what this drink was and nobody asked us. I think he gave us iced coffee with Frangelico and a hot coffee with Frangelico....ok it was late,it was fine. But while clearing he heard us discussing various coffee drinks and heard us mention Jameson's whiskey. Which of course is in an IRISH coffee. Lo and behold he comes to the table with two shots of Jameson's because he thinks that's what we are missing!! I Suffice to say I downed mine to the amazement of the group and my sister sipped hers. We weren't charged for either. In any case,he was trying. But if you order something a bit off the beaten path at the bar you might want to clarify what exactly it is you want. Whewww long winded review. Love love love Bonefish. We had so much fun. Can't wait till next year!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Alwlays the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love, love love Bonefish. It's our favorite special occasion restaurant. First we love their new Sunday Brunch. Their Eggs Benedict are the best and they are priced at less than Bob Evans if you can imagine.

This New Year's eve we had the Lobster Thermidor with garlic mashed potatoes and a Bonefish side salad. Yum...preceded it with a glass of Moscato and ended with their fabulous Macadamia Nut Brownie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream topped with a warm fudge sauce on a raspberry sauce. So delicious and we even were able to get oure 10% off AARP card discount.

Sweet dreams!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Food good - service could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Four of us went here for dinner on a Saturday. We had made a reservation for 7pm and arrived promptly. We were handed a pager and told there would be a wait. 10 mins later we were told that a table of four had their check but weren't showing signs of leaving. Just then some other people came in the door, said they had a reservation and were taken straight to a table. When we asked why they were seated before us, the hostess said they were a party of 6 and we would need to wait. We pointed out a high top at the bar but were told it was reserved! Anyway, long story short, the Manager got involved, eventually overruling the hostess and seating us at a high top at the bar. Service was very patchy all evening with other people's food orders arriving at our table. The young couple at the next table got their check, handed over a payment card and found when they got the receipt that they had just paid for our dinner for 4. What a mess. A complimentary appetiser didn't really make amends and spoiled my birthday night out and caused embarrassment to our friends.

I thought they had the service problems resolved, but this seems not to be the case.

• 4 of 5 stars Food