“Bang Bang Shrimp is my Happy Place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bang Bang Shrimp is my Happy Place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I want to start out this review by stating that chain restaurants are not my thing. Whenever we visit new places or even at home we are always searching out mom and pop restaurants and avoid chains. That being said, whenever we visit Fl. we do try to make it to Bonefish since we don't have any in MA. It's not my favorite restaurant but we always have a great meal here and I think the prices are definitely reasonable compared to seafood prices in MA. We usually go to the Bonefish in Sarasota but since one opened in Venice we decided to check it out. The ambiance of this restaurant was just ok. I think they could have done a better job swanking it up, especially since its a new restaurant, but I guess it is a chain and what you get is "chain" decor. I started out with a delightful cocktail called the Hypnotiq. It was delicious but a little sweet for my taste. For apps we got the mussels and bang bang shrimp. My husband enjoyed the mussels more than I. I didn't like how sweet the sauce was, but it was a nice flavor for a few bites. The bang bang shrimp is by far my favorite and if it wasn't so heavy I would have eaten the whole dish myself. For dinner my husband got a filet which was cooked perfectly and I got the pecan crusted trout which was amazing. We both got au gratin potatoes which were deliciously cheesy but again, heavy. For dessert we got a slice of Key Lime paradise. In the end there was WAY too much food, but so worth it as we got leftovers. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly as can be. We will return again

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
“Not all its made out to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Bone Fish a few times and always enjoy my food but I am never blown away by it. My favourite starter is the Chinese style beef dumplings which are delicious but have not yet had a main which I would comment on. I hate to sound negative but would rather go somewhere cheaper with delicious, down to earth food. Would happily miss Bone Fish next time I visit. Service is very good but a little rushed

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Very loud and Fish & Chips very oily”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very loud inside. The accoustics are horrible. You have to speak very loud in order to carry on a conversation. I ordered the Fish & Chips, it was very oily to the taste. If you want great fish and chips go to Robbi's Reef

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Fl
“Bang, Bang............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Bang Bang shrimp day on Wednesday's is the time for fun and a real deal if you go early. The shrimp is wonderful, wine very inexpensive and a full, quick meal. The bread is amazing too. Of course, with the restaurant totally full, it does take a little bit of time, but worth it.

Regular menu is somewhat over-priced for the dinners, but such is the case at most places.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Good Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been to more than one Bonefish Grill but this review is about the one in Venice,Fl., where we had a nice experience. Our drinks were stellar as was the kindnes of the waitress who offered us a table outside because the restaurant was crowded. It was fairly cold that night and she told us that it would not be too cold to sit where we did and she was right, in any case, my two companions had nice dinners characteristic of the Bonefish (pecan encrusted trout and a salad and soup) but it was my dinner that prompted this review.
They had a new item on the menu; Kung bo shrimp. I asked the waitress if the chef could substitute scallops for shrimp. She did not think it would be possible but came back with a smile that meant yes and all was well. The dish was great!
Then a regional manager came around to tables inquiring about the food. I told him about the experience. We chatted about the food,with him indicating that Kung Bo scallops might be a future menu item. Rooting for the Baltimore Ravens was a common interest and then he left, but not before buying us dessert and hoping that we would meet again when he would buy us a drink.
These representatives of the Bonefish Grill - waitress, chef, regional manager - together made for a quite pleasant evening and a good feeling about coming back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!