“Just tell me how long it will be” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Franklin, Wisconsin
“Just tell me how long it will be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Called from across the street as we drove by and asked how long a wait. Was told 15 to 20 minutes. They do take reservations, but there next reservation was 8:30 and it was 5:45. Got there within 5 minutes, put in our name and told 20 minutes. OK. It looked like we were third on the list.

After 30 minutes asked how we were doing and told there were 2 groups ahead of us.

After 45 minutes told there were 2 groups ahead of us, plus some other reservations and it would be about another 15 minutes.

They should just tell people they are booked for the night and let them get on with their lives.

Luckily Norma Jeans is in the same strip mall parking lot and the evening was saved.

We like Bonefish, but will only go with a reservation in the future. Hopefully they are a bit better at handling those.

Visited December 2012

Toronto
“Great food; slow and indifferent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We dined there last evening and sat on the patio which is much quieter than the bustling restaurant. There is often a wait of 30 - 45 minutes and we had been warned of this prior to our decision to go here. A wait is a sign of a good restaurant and the food did not disappoint although be warned, the sauces are rich. The server was slow, no I mean really slow and seemed to have any number of tasks. Maybe the restaurant needs to hire more wait staff. I do recommend the patio if the weather permits, for a casual dining experience but be prepared to wait for a table, and then settle in for a very slow meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Venice FL
“Love those Bang Bang Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Bonefish Grill is similar to Carraba's in a good way. Both use fresh spices and herbs and other rich flavored ingredients like goat cheese. As my husband says, Bonefish grill has the "wow" taste factor. We have been to Bonefish Grill in Venice a couple of times. We've usually go on Wednesdays when our favorite appetizer, the Bang Bang Shrimp, is $5.00. We add a salad and maybe another appetizer or my husband usually gets an entree as he is not a petite flower like moi.

It's Venice, land of the early bird menu and sidewalks that roll up at 8 . We're acclimated so we usually arrive during Happy Hour. We normally end up in the bar area, too, as most of the tables are taken by reservations on Wednesday. Also, the stools and tables in the bar are incompatible with high chairs and booster seats. Although we love children, when they are crying and screaming and we are trying to relax, eat and maybe actually talk to each other, I get instant headaches. I remember not imposing my son in the age period of senseless chaos on anyone but a McDonald's patron and only on them or myself for a couple of minutes. I have paid my dues. Don't judge me.

We've learned to sit in the back of the bar. Even though shades and darkened window film shield the front door, it opens into the bar area and faces directly west. You will be blinded whenever anyone walks in if you're sitting too far up front during sunset hours.

We've found the servers at the Venice location start out very attentive and pleasant and then disappear as they become swamped--and this isn't during peak tourist season yet either. People we've never seen before show up to deliver food or ask about refills. We've had to go searching for bread, water and other beverage refills (before Happy Hour ends, of course) at times. That's the only reason this venue doesn't rate a 5. Most restaurants these days try to save on labor costs by making servers work too many tables during peak periods. We don't hold that against our server when it comes to a tip and we see that he or she has been trying their best. A manager usually comes around at least once and asks if everything is OK. We let him (it's been a him consistently so far. Boy, he surely does look young. But, he does not throw food at us or cry. He sometimes hands out coupons for a free something or other at brunch. I likely will never make it to brunch. I have to work on weekends to catch up because I write Trip Advisor reviews when I get emails imploring me to do so and can't afford to retire yet because I eat out and go on trips.) I let the manager know if something has been forgotten, but even then it takes time to get what we've ordered.

All things considered, it's a decent chain and a welcome addition to the Venice smorgasbord of venues. The prices are reasonable and I do love those bang bang shrimp. Darn, I just made the mistake of seeing whether there is a copy cat recipe on the web. There is and mayonnaise is a major sauce ingredient. My waistline and I are going to try and forget that once in a while because they are tasty for true. Go there. It's good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Always great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The service is always impeccable and have never had a bad meal there. Have to have the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer, the Grilled Salmon and Asparagus Salad(a meal in itself), and the Corn Chowder with Lump Crabmeat is the best I've ever had. We visit at least 3 times a month. Reservations this time of year are a must. Great Happy hour menu menu from 5-6:30 and an awesome Sunday Brunch. Also a great bar!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Excellent restaurant with excellent staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have now been three times to this restaurant and everytime the food has been excellent. On our second trip there was a problem with our order which appeared to have been lost between our waitress and the kitchen. This said, the staff acted very promptly to rectify the situation and the manager came across to apologize and brought us a complimentary glass of wine. The staff are always very friendly and prompt and the final plus as far as we are concerned is they take reservations whihc, in season are a god send!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere