“Good food fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Good food fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was very good, service was decent and the price was fair. I have read about it on trip advisory and lo and behold a local who worked at the Venice hospital, took me there to eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Vast improvement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The last tiem I ate here I really had a dreadful experience, this time however I was very pleasently surprised. The food qualitiy has gone up as have the service and portion size. Try the $10.00 sunday night Lobster Lasgna, I swear you won't believe the size and quality for the money. The mgr "CAT" really goes out of her way to make sure all her guests are happy and satisifed. I will be going back here again.

Visited July 2013
Venice, Florida
“Great food at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've have all their specials on separate vacations and the quality is consistent. Good food and staff.

Visited July 2013
“Best Seafood in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've been to Cedar Reef at least 4 or 5 times now, and it's been consistently good. The location and atmosphere aren't as nice as Sharkey's (for example) - it's in a strip mall and small, but it is cute inside. The tables are close together and covered with paper. But the food is outstanding, and always as promised (the grouper is really grouper, the redfish really redfish and fresh from LA) I've had a few different menu items and all were outstanding. The seafood lasagne is outstanding and the portion is huge! The redfish is probably my favorite. The fried fish is always fantastic- you can tell the oil is fresh. The beer is always cold. The prices are reasonable. We love eating here. They recently opened their second location, but before then the owner came by our table each time and you can tell he's meticuous.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota
“"Going back for more"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on some reviews and a very favorable write-up in one of Sarasota's many food publications. We were pleased with our experience. If you like raw oysters, this is the place for them right now...ours were tender and delicious. The menu has several fresh catches prepared any way you request, with very nice complimenting side dishes. I tried seared diver scallops with bruschetta topping which I thoroughly enjoyed because they were cooked just right; my husband had broiled red fish which he found to be dry and overcooked...rather disappointing. The service was excellent and like one reviewer stated, the staff knows the menu...a BIG plus. Overall, the food was very good and the atmosphere was just what we were looking for...a quaint little place to enjoy fresh fish that we didn't have to catch, clean or prepare! Oh...save room for dessert...they are delicious and bigger than huge. Quite a surprise for the eyes!

• Visited June 2013