“Great Breakfast Selections - Well Maintained Property” 4 of 5 stars

Oza Inn
1602 Tamiami Trail South, Venice, FL 34293   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Venice B&B and Inns
Newark, Ohio
“Great Breakfast Selections - Well Maintained Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Peter, the manager, provides a great diversity of breakfast selections, ranging from unusual coffee mixtures to cereals, rolls, yogurt and other yummy items. The property is well maintained and tastefully decorated. For instance, potted flowers and blooming plants are located throughout the property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We drive to Venice from Merritt Island to go sharks teeth hunting every few months or so and wanted to give Oza Inn a try. We stayed 4/10/13-4/11/13 and Loved our stay. The Inn is SUPER CLEAN inside the rooms and on the grounds. The staff is very nice and 110% accomidating. For being right on a busy road we were so suprised how quiet it was when we relaxed outside our room. The location is great - just minutes from downtown and beach. I definitely recommend staying there and I will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed over Easter weekend 2013. We loved it, the room was extremely clean and comfortable. After having stayed at a top resort this winter it was refreshing to see the staff take such pride in their hotel!! The heated pool was great since the evenings were still a bit chilly. We will definitely be back! Thank you to the entire crew for making us feel right at home! Tony & Brooke

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Plant City, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed 3-8-13 and was supposed to stay 3-9-13 as well but checked out and went to a different more pleasurable place. On their web page it says grills available, well there is only ONE grill available and I guess you have to ask permission to use it, sign a waiver, and can only use it way out by the road... like you are some sort of outcast! I wouldv'e had no problem asking to use the grill or signing a waiver if I had been informed that at check in (which there wasnt one, our keys were waiting in the room for us) Even, though being a florida native and traveled all over our wonderful state, I have never once had to ask to use the grills or sign a waiver. The problem arose when the manager lady came bulldozing out at us, yelling at us saying we didnt even ask, and that there was a lady in the room by us outside complaining that we were next to her room, which is where the grill and picnic table were. There was 4 of us adults and no one was being loud or acting a fool but I guess the lady needed to sleep at 3pm in a hotel at the beach!?! The extremely rude mananger made us drag the grill with burning coals out to about 25ft from the road and then about 5 minutes later came up again to complain about where we parked but yet someone was in our parking spot that day and the night before. There is a million and one no smoking signs but not one single sign saying not to use the grill without permission or not to use it where it is set up at a picnic table with umbrella. I believe, the lady thought wewere some spring break kids looking to party but instead it was me, my husband, my sister, and her husband who came all the way from West Virginia to go to the beach. We were not drinking or anything to bother anyone. When I mentioned to the manager that it might help to have a sign for future reference about the grill, she yelled at me "don't tell me how to offer my services!!" and told my husband one more word out of her and yall are gone! So, we took our money else where because I do not pay to have some big bull coming running out there yelling at us like we had done something so wrong when in all actuality if she ran her business right and informed people of the rules and procedures at check in then that would have never happened! oh, yeah and they do not offer do not disturd signs! They came into our room and touched all of our belongings, moved things, put stuff in my sisters suitcase that had been out. Maybe, they were just straigtening up but I personally dont like or appreciate someone I do not snooping through my belongings. I will absolutely never, ever,ever spend a cent their again! I could only imagine how they treat people who bring their kids to the beach! The manager told us it was better suited for the retired... yeah, retired and complaining about the wind blowing the wrong way. I recommend the Lemon Bay Motel, its about 10 minutes down the street and they have nicer rooms, cheaper, and extremely nice management. The lady at Lemon Bay Motel was the best and made our stay awesome! Thumbs down for Oza inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OZAINN, Manager at Oza Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Using barbeque other than designated area is not allowed for health and safety reason.

One of the barbeque area is far away from the guest rooms near palm trees, half way to the end of the property next to the road,next to fire extinguisher.

Second barbeque stone filled spot is in very corner of back of the buildings below trees next to extinguisher.

We have 2 barbeques ,propane and charcoal one available upon request.

Guest do not appreciate barbeque smoke coming to their windows and doors.

Registration and signing waiver of barbeque use is mandatory.

Front office has large sign of regulation next to the reservation window.

In this particular case barbeque was used without permission right next to the bedroom window of older couple, who was trying to sleep and get some rest.

Mentioned party of younger people was rather loud,smoking and drinking beer.

We do not yell on our guest, we are firm regarding our regulations.

Our cleaning ladies had difficulties to clean mentioned party room due all contents thrown on the floor,such open luggages,clothes,food,tolatries,towels etc.In order to walk thru their room they had to move luggages.

We have proffesional cleaning crew,carefully selected,they are very proud of their work.They have no interest in other people belongings.

One of the young lady claimed that she is an native and she knows ,she does not have to ask permission to use barbeque while barbeque is available on the premises as common knowledge in Florida.

She had been advised she must follow all rules of OZA INN or better to leave our premisses.
We guarantee our guest quiet and safe place to stay.

We have limited parking and each guest have own numbered parking spot,mentioned party was not willing to move as we ask and make our new coming guest to park in wrong spot.

We can not please everyone.We are proud to be immaculately clean and safe premises.

We are open to everyone who respect environment and compassion matters.
trenton, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We needed one night in Venice while doing some househunting. Could not find much in the reasonably priced category until we found the Oza Inn and a coupon from TA. Our queen suite met my expectations. The owners were super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had all the basics. Our suite even had a frig with microwave and coffee pot. The snacks in the lobby were a nice touch too. It's a different experience from all the chains and a pleasant one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OZAINN, Manager at Oza Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We are now offering complimentary breakfast in the morning and free snacks,fruits, deserts, coffee and tea whole day.
We have wide selection of teas and Keurig, Danessi ,Manuel coffee.
In OZA café room free of charge OZA INN customers.

It was nice having you.
OZA Team
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is clean, friendly quirky accommodation at a reasonable price. After staying in some terrible places run by the major chains I wish there was somewhere similar in every town in the USA. It's a lovingly renovated old fashioned motel, with the friendliest people running it - nothing is too much trouble. I love the way that the character of the old place has been brightened up whilst keeping many of the original features - I particularly liked the original tiles in the small but perfectly adequate shower room - like the rest of the place, going back in time without many of the down sides. This is probably the cleanest and freshest place I have stayed in during many visits to the states, possibly enhanced by the Scandinavian style furnishings which along with the beds I think work well.
The downside is the location, on a busy junction, with difficult access. However, the noise from the road did not disturb me, and I'm usually bothered by such things. It's a short drive into Venice, which is a nice little seaside town.
So, if you are expecting a traditional resort type place to spend your time in the pool, I'd think again, but if you need an overnight stay or a base to explore the area, then this is great.

Room Tip: Away from the road!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been touring around the US since early December & arrived in Florida in Jan. We were planning on doing all of Florida until we reach the Oza Inn in Venice. We planned on stopping just 3 nights then moving on..But we loved it so much there we ended up staying just over a month..Its a close family run business, who are so lovely . They made our stay so relaxing, a wonderful atmosphere indeed. Our room was fantastic. The cleanest motel ever. We enjoyed our coffee/ hot choc. And snacks/ breakfast everyday from the fab complimentary guest cafe. The cleaning staff were also so lovely. This is truly a wonderful place to stay.. And on stop of this Venice & the Beaches are a must .Tina & Roe England..

• Stayed February 2013
OZAINN, Manager at Oza Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Our housekeeping personal would like to thank you for appreciation of their work.
They are very pleased to know that their dedication to make place immaculate is recognized.
Hello from Teresita, Arlene, Oksana, Dmytro, and Sasha.

Been to Oza Inn? Share your experiences!