“Always Meets My Expectations” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Florida
“Always Meets My Expectations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

.....of having the worst food in town. So sad because the atmosphere is unique and very condusive for having a great time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

South Venice, Florida, USA
“What Happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food is the worst I've eaten in a while. Hot when it opened but slowly gone downhill. Outdoor bar does NOT chill red wines even in 95 degree FL heat? Spoil in no tim. C'Mon Maaaan!

Visited September 2013
Rome, Georgia
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped by last weekend and were totally impressed with the great service and delicious food. The wait staff was super friendly and helpful. And the hostess checked back on us several times. We enjoyed appetizers and lunch. It was all wonderful. Our entourage included two adults, a teenager, a 3 year old and a baby. All were happy with our experience at Pinapple's Restaurant. Food was great and the prices were very reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“PINEAPPLES WAS TERRIFIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went in since the new reopening and the food and service was wonderful, we were greeted with a smile and made our night out great which we don't get very often. Definitely will go back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
“Great food with poor service and agressiveness from server.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have to give this place 2 circles only because our food was perfection. The chef/soux chef really know how to prepare great taking food. Service is in need of overhaul. No communication from hostess who seats you, to assigning a server to your table, to requested for simple things, pitcher of water ( came 25 min after requested and no glasses) special was to have roasted new potatoes, got PLAIN baked potato. Had to ask for butter and sour cream - twice before it came. server stopped by as asked how things were. Said food was great but was confused to how this resturant was run. When I made that comment, I thought server would go get manager. Nope. Just walked away. Totally rude. He would not stop by table until checks due. Our server was not only one at fault. Other staff brought food out piece meal and we would ask for the condiment, or another beverage....Never came. Asked our server and he did supply what we needed.
I did not leave a tip. Maybe that was over the top of me. I did write on chit every reason why no tip was left. Upon getting up from table, my friends' husband was walking by the server who told my friend in a loud voice, " Don't ever come back!" My friend stated that would not be a problem. Then the server just kept getting into my friend's face saying how horrible we were. He got aggressive and threatened my friend to go"out to the parking lot and get it on!"
I jumped up, Tried to calm server down and asked him to go get manager. He refused and continued escalating his aggressive behavior. Finally 2 women came over and had the server physically removed to another part of resturant (as he continued to verbalize). Whole event of evening was explained by myself, my best friend and her husband. During discussion, found out the women I was thinking was the manager was actually the 18 yr old hostess! Who has the responsibility to handling dining issues. She was remarkable. But said there really was not a manager. I felt badly all that happened, but I stand by my decision not to leave a tip, especially after the server (19-20 yr old boy) threateneda a 57 yr old man with cancer and not all that strong. It was a sad and embarrassing ordeal. I doubt that child lost his job. Sounded like it is a famiy run business, and possibly not the first time this has happened.
The food was great! Better than most places I have been. But due to the events of last night; my friends who live in the area will not be coming back. I live up north and when I come to visit family again, I too will not be going back. Just not worth the stress. The place needs leadership and guidance with a shift manager at all times. Hope they have learned from this lesson.
P.S. I told them I would be reviewing their resturant on social media.

• Visited August 2013