“Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
New Baltimore, Virginia
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have had several wonderful meals at Mama Leone's. The service is not always good, but the food has been consistent. Sad to say my favorite item on the menu is the tiramisu - I have been tempted on several occasions to get some to go after I have been shopping at Sweetbay, but I digress. I have had some of the chicken dishes and have not been disappointed. Based on what I have seen in the more recent reviews, it appears the restaurant may be slipping. I will have to try it out again soon to see for myself.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“What Happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have always enjoyed eating at Leone's, and have been going to this restaurant for over 12 years. My past experience broke my heart. The service was terrible, and they were none of my favorite familiar faces. The food was good, it always is, but the attitude of the waitress flavored my experience. There is hardly any customers in the restaurant, it is very empty, and I really felt like the best of times is over. I hope when everyone starts coming back that business picks up! I would hate to see my little favorite restaurant disappear. I hope too that the familiar faces are back.... It used to be like visiting friends.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida, United States
“Need Better Trained Servers: Felt Rushed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went to dinner Saturday, August 24, 2013 with my boyfriend and was expecting a friend to join us a little later. We ordered a bowl of pasta fagioli soup which was tasteless, too many beans, not enough pasta, and not hot at ALL, very disappointing. We than ordered a margarita pizza which was good, along with a nice bottle of chardonnay. Our friend who was visiting her sick parents from out of town joined us about 20- 25 mins later for a glass of wine, but needless to say,"We felt rushed", considering it was saturday night, approx 8-8:30, restaurant dead, approx 3-4 tbles, humm, waitress gave us our tab without us evening asking for it, was not told specials, or offered dessert, but presented the check, which i told server we would be having 3 after dinner drinks, not to mention she thought we meant dessert...omg. Nice server, but somewhat clueless. Restaurants should be happy during this off season time to even have guests come through the door. This advice is valid from an ex- F&B Director. Not sure if we will be back..maybe we will try Mama Leone's next time. I'm from Boca Raton, Fl, and my standard for service and food/ drink is quite high.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Did not have to travel far to be impressed with this Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My mother invited my husband and myself to a small restaurant in the midst of a plaza on Jacaranda as she had a buy one get one coupon to use. I hesitated at first because the rain was pouring like bucket spills, but I am so glad we were able to get there. Although it is located within a plaza and it's fairly small inside, don't be fooled! My husband and I each ordered a meal. He had the Chicken Francaise and I ordered the Baked Cheese ravioli. I had the Pasta Fagioli soup as well which was very tasty! Well-let's just say that my poor husband maybe was able to squeeze in one bite of the Chicken Francaise as I couldn't grab the food off his plate fast enough! The cheese ravioli was very good, but the Chicken Francaise was the BEST Italian dish I have had in a very long time. I thought in order to find good Italian, I would have to just wait until I made it home every year to Boston, but as far as I am concerned, this little gem of an Italian restaurant is the REAL DEAL. The presentation was lovely, the service was good and friendly, the meal was out fast, and the soup and the main courses were fabulous! A+
We will be visiting this restaurant frequently...with and without the kids (or parents)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new london ct
“A good fine .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

a nice little restaurant hidden in a plaza . very good food at a fair price with good service and a nice atmosphere . have only been there twice but both times the food was consistent and with out error .

• Visited July 2013