“Good pizza (grandkids love it)” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Sarasota, Florida
“Good pizza (grandkids love it)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not the pizza your ancestors made in Italy, but as far as American pizza goes, it makes for a great take-out or eat-in meal when you don't feel like cooking. On this, I take the lead from my grandkids who insist on a Leone's pizza every time they come to town. That makes it a must for me. Always properly prepared and piping hot, tonight's pizza was up to the standard that we exept at Leone's.

• Visited August 2012

64% Recommend
Venice, Florida
“Good American style Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had pizza and it was very good. Service was good and overall a good value. Also split an antiposto salad. Server was probably new and made a mistake with our bill (tried to charge us for a much smaller bill) but we pointed it out and she was very sorry. She said she spoke to the manager and he would fix it but he didn't come out. I think he kinda through her under the bus and told her to fix it. Not sure if that was the best way to handle it but in the end it was corrected and we will certainly eat there again.

Visited August 2012
“Bad Choice For Lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I should have been more diligent reading the menu outside prior to being seated. Lunch "specials" were all in the $10-$15 dollar range. I was looking for a decent Italian sub...you'd think maybe $7 top end at lunch? Anyways, the closest they had was an Italian Panini. It came with a choice of sides which I really wish would have been optional as it drove the price up. I picked a salad which was 95% lettuce. The panini was good, but not a true pressed panini. My friend had the same type of salad and a meatball sub that he thought was good. One iced tea, a water and 2 subs with tax & tip was $25. The whole thing was "just" O.K. but it's not hard to see why the place was almost empty at lunch. Other than yokels like me that didn't see what I was getting into, most groups of 4 don't want a $100 sandwich lunch. Service was good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Ok, but nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

We wanted a quick, simple meal and Leone's for the most part delivered. The food was fine, though pretty ordinary. I ordered the spaghetti with broccoli and tomatoes. It was decently flavored but the broccoli was far from the al dente that I would have expected. My son's breaded chicken was moist and tasty, he said.

The service was great. Marina took good care of us, replacing a dish that got ruined when the top of the pepper mill came off while my youngest son was trying to use it. Apparently it wasn't the first time.

The atmosphere and decor were rather run of the mill, in a faux Italian tabernacle style.

“Average Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Average to below average food. Went once the food was excellent. Went back and ordered the same meal and I didn't recognize it as the same.

Visited October 2011