“Must stop while in Venice” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night
Toronto
“Must stop while in Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I spent a couple days in the area, and after going there the first day, I had to come back the second day for more. Nice place to visit on a hot day. I will be back!

Visited August 2014
Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for visiting Ciao Gelato and for your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and more importantly your taking the time to write a great review. We look forward to serving you again soon! Ciao!

“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

So many delicious options it is hard to pick exactly what I want!!! I Love this place and will continue to stop every time we go from Ohio to Florida!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for visiting Ciao Gelato and for your recent review of us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and your comments. We look forward to your return! Ciao!
Venice
“Yummy Gelato But The owner has a nasty attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been going to Ciao Gelato for at least 3 years now and I have always loved it there. Yes, it is pricey for what you get, but it was always really good. The other day I went there and they had their peanut based gelato in the front part of the case with the chocolate directly behind it. I went there with 3 of my friends. One ordered peanut, one ordered chocolate. The employee scooped out the peanut one and dropped some peanut stuff in the chocolate. I said something to the young employee and she just brushed it off. I decided to make a very friendly phone call to the owner to tell them about it, and I was greeted by a nasty woman named Daria who claimed to be the owner and could care less. I just wanted the owner to be aware of what happened. This could have easily been avoided if the peanut based gelato was in the back instead of the front... a very simple solution. She was nasty and said, "We have disclaimers all over the store about peanut allergies" . If that really was the owner of Ciao Gelato that I spoke with, I will never go back there again. I wouldn't give that women one dime after the nasty attitude that I got. We all received one little scoop for $5 a piece.. I will keep my money next time. The telephone call should have went much better. Word of mouth is priceless here in this small town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of us on Tripadvisor. We value our customers opinions and our Mission Statement is to "Create a Customer For Life" and it appears that "I" personally fell short of our Mission Statement. I am most curious why you have visited our shop for 3 years with my serving you and you have NEVER had a bad experience prior to this visit. I do not dismiss any of our customers concerns. I Thank You Once again for your call and concern and we have reinforced our Policy and Customer Awareness on ALL Allergies. Thank you once again for your feedback!
Naples, Florida
“It was good but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

20 bucks for 2 kids cones and two cups. Seems a little to $$$$ for me. You could buy a lot of gelato at Publix for 20 bucks. Mint chocolate chip was the best of 3 flavor see tried.

Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Ciao Gelato and for your review on Tripadvisor. We make our Gelato with the freshest of ingredients, using Dakin Dairy which is a local dairy. We do not MASS produce our Artisan Gelato and each batch is made fresh daily. 2 cones would be $4.00 each and 2 regular cups would be $5.00 each. Our prices are posted on our menu, no hidden costs. We trust you enjoyed the product. Thank You for your review!
Lake City, Florida
“Best gelato EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Took my mom after a morning of shopping and it was wonderful! So many flavors to choose from but I was leaving Venice the next day. I had coconut and a chocolate flavor (can't remember which one but all that I sampled were great!) My mom loved hers as well. Can't wait to visit them again so I can enjoy Ciao again!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for visiting Ciao Gelato and for your review on Tripadvisor. We value your opinion and are extremely glad that you enjoyed your gelato and experience. We look forward to your return. Daria and RJ