“Great hotel, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Venice
Aiken, South Carolina
“Great hotel, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

There were three of us staying at the Fairfield. Those who had an Itouch or an Iphone could access the internet. Those who had a laptop or an Ipad (that would be me) could not. The error message said to "contact the help desk." The front desk said, "They are working on it." Fortunately, a McDonalds was across the road. Good wifi service at McDonalds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel!! I travel mon-fri and whenever I am in Venice, I stay here, clean, nice free on the go breakfast, nice pool, close to my favorite beach in Venice casperson beach for hunting fossilized sharks teeth! Close to great restaurants, and a great coffee shop down the street! Close to 75 very quiet and to me like home:) I come back here with my husband for vacations, so yes I recommend highly:)

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
commack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

we spent eight nights there from december 26 through Jan 3 2013. The place is conveniently located off of I 75. The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Friendliest staff and a varied free breakfast to get you going. It was a great spot to visit other surrounding areas since it was located near the highway. yes you could hear the highway a bit from room 421, but we had no problems adjusting and sleeping without an issue. the gym is smll but adequate when the weather is nasty. if i were going back to venice florida and planned on doing some traveling around ( other keys, sarasota, etc.) i would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Enjoyed the cleaniness of the hotel. Rooms were adequate size but really loved the bed and the pillows were the best. We were was so impressed with the pillows, we went looking online to purchase the same pillows after checking out. The pool area is just OK hence the four star. Otherwise a good place right next to the interestate. Will return again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed one night and got to the hotel late. Henriette was the most friendly front desk person I have ever run into. Pool was open and heated, until 11pm. I loved it. The rooms were clean and very nice. There is not much right there, but nothing is far. I dont rate places excellent, but this one was. Free breakfast was good as well.

Room Tip: we liked the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My business rate for this hotel was $119 a night. Hopefully you can get a better price if you are travelling for leisure. It was a nice, clean hotel. I was able to easily access the wireless Internet in my room. The beds were relatively comfortable, but I have a Tempur-pedic at home, so I am not the best judge! My room looked out into the parking lot and I could see my car, which I liked. The free breakfast was plentiful with lots of seating. I had muffins and Minute Maid orange juice. The travel size items were Pantene, which I thought was a little nicer than normal. There is a RaceTrac and a McDonald's on the main street before you get to the hotel. All and all, it was a nice, normal hotel.

Room Tip: Can see the parking lot from the front rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This has to be one of the best Fairfield Hotel’s I’ve ever stayed at. Room was clean, modern, roomy and well furnished. Beds were comfortable and we had a great night sleep. Perfect for our needs while passing through the area. I would stay here anytime while I’m in the Venice, Florida.

From the moment we walked in we were greeted in a friendly personable manner. The breakfast attendants went above and beyond. One employee in particular, Dorothy, went out of her way to find out information I asked her about. I just asked her if there was a certain store in the area, she wasn’t sure but went to the front desk and came back with printed directions.

We enjoyed the pool in the evening and although it’s a little small it served the purpose. Well lighted and tables around to enjoy a cocktail or snack. The hot tub was adequate as well.

There is a small convenience store within walking distance but otherwise nothing else, so you definitely need a car to get anywhere. This Fairfield is a great place to lay your head.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Venice? Share your experiences!