“Wonderful Pizza - Wonderful Place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Venice, Florida
“Wonderful Pizza - Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I live in Venice, but just tried this restaurant. The pizza is very flavorful - don't know how they do it. This is nothing like most pizzas you'll eat. Really gourmet stuff. They also give you bread with dipping sauce which also tastes great. The restaurant is small. They have figured out how to create a very intimate, relaxing atmosphere to dine. My only complaint is the wine is very expensive. I know restaurants like to make hugh profits on alcohol, but more reasonable pricing would really complete the deal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nokomis, Florida
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

yes, good pizza can be found in florida.....we enjoyed our delicious pie and talking with the owner

Simpsonville
“Great food, wonderful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I ate at Scamotz last summer. We had seen Trip Advisor reviews and wanted to try it. We enjoyed the meal immensely and enjoyed meeting and chatting with the owner as well. We told him we had seen the reviews online and he was not even familiar with Trip Advisor. Too funny! We will be sure to eat there on our next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kentuckytraveler75
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

My daughter and I visited Scamotz on Easter Sunday evening (April 4, 2010) and found the reviews on Trip Advisor. Since it was a holiday, I was unsure if they were open. To our incredible luck, they were! We sat in the quaint enclosed patio and quickly started a conversation with a couple of ladies who had ordered the Roast Pizza and were raving about their dinner. (this was their "special" for the evening.) I ordered the Roast Pizza and my daughter ordered the small pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. Before dinner arrived, the waiter borught to us some delicious bread knots and a roasted red pepper and tomato dipping sauce. Delicious! The pizzas arrived and I was blown away at the flavor of my pizza and the freshness of the ingredients. ( the roasted pizza was roasted red and green peppers, artichokes, onions and roasted mushrooms.) The thin pizza crust was very flavorful and the toppings were roasted to perfection. Make sure that you request the balsmatic dipping sauce to drizzle over your pizza! Absolutely marvelous! My daughter enjoyed hers as well. I visit Venice several times a year and will definately return to this small but mighty eatery. It is by far the best pizza in the Venice area! Don't expect quality ingredients to come cheaply though. Our bill came to around $29 without tip and we only did not order wine or beer. The price was well worth the quality of our meal. Don't pass this place by - and Bill (the owner) was very nice considering the other reviews that I have read! Enjoy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rhode Island
“Delicious Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I ate here on Thursday March 11 2009. I ate dinner with my daughter and Aunt. We got there pretty early because it is a tiny space,and fills up fast. We arrived at 6pm and were seated promptly. We ate outside on the cute patio. It was a bit chilly and my daughter welcomed the gas heater. If we had waited inside it was a 20 minute wait. We had house salads which were very good. We split a large white pizza. Very thin,delicious crust. Garlic,ricotta,mozzerella and maybe parm? We also opted for tomatoes and basil. They were out of basil,but it didn't matter. The pizza was just great. Cooked perfectly. We all enjoyed the place alot and can't wait to go back. The waitress was cute as a button and did a great job. I wish I had remembered her name. My daughter is picky and the waitress didn't even wince when she told her all the stuff she DIDN'T want on her salad! I have to say we were both excited and a bit nervous to go here,mainly because of previous reviews. The owner Bill,should read his press here because most of it is not good. However,we never saw him and our dinner was wonderful. We had one large pizza,one small salad,one salad to split,four glasses of wine and a diet coke. Our bill with tax came to $62 dollars. I also left a generous tip,so it isn't exactly your basic pizza place. Well worth it though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere