“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Venice
Larkspur, California, United States
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The extremely attentive and kind staff - especially Dee - made our visit more pleasant than expected. The filtered water available 24/7 and the fresh fruit were great, and our rowdy family had many requests that were graciously attended to.

The beach two minutes away is clean and wide, with dolphins and rays popping up every now and then. Swimming was wonderful and the quaint town up the street is adorable. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Inn in September of this year while visiting family in the area. Loved our room. We had the 2 bedroom/2 bath condo room which also had a small patio. Very clean... beds were extremely comfy and the bathrooms were modern and spacious. Decor was also very nice. Slept like a champ! The pool area is small but nice and clean. One thing I noticed on the first night of our arrival is that there are no times posted as to when you can use the pool/hot tube area so my husband and I enjoyed it late into the night. It's very laid back on the property and no one really bothers you so we liked that as well. This place appeals to families/couples or older folks so that may contribute to the relaxed attitude of the staff.
The downtown area is lovely and Venice is a beautiful quiet area......key word being quiet. If you are looking for this type of vacation you have hit the jackpot! We have vacationed in Siesta Key for the past few years and personally we liked that area better so that is the only "not really so bad" of my review. We did find a great place to enjoy a beautiful sunset, good food and drink just down the way at Sharky's. If we stay in Venice again...we would stay here.

Room Tip: We requested the condo room on bottom floor (they only have a few rooms like this) because it had a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, pleasant, and more well-appointed than it appears in the pictures on travel websites. The location is utterly unbeatable; I don't think you can get closer to Venice Beach, and even though it straddles two driving thoroughfares, the location around the hotel is calm and attractive.

Parking is ample, and you can walk to downtown shops in less than 10 min. I greatly enjoyed morning walks on the beach and a stroll to brunch at Upper Crust bakery downtown. (The hotel's complimentary breakfast isn't great, but that wasn't a problem as I prefer to dine out. The free bottles of water more than made up for it.)

My room was larger than I expected or needed, and having a nearly full-service kitchen was a fun bonus. The king bed was super comfortable, TV modern, and bathroom lighting bright and flattering. The cleanliness and daily service leave nothing to be desired!

I would absolutely stay there again, it was such a great value. And I love that they're small & not corporate enough to reward return customers with specials and personal recognition!

• Stayed November 2012
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked rooms at this hotel for our family recently and they really liked the place. The staff couldn't have been nicer, even let us take advantage of the coffee and complimentary breakfast when we came to meet up with everyone each morning even though we were staying on our boat. The kids loved being able to walk to the beach right across the street and the pool was clean and never busy. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

my 4th year staying here usually 2 to 3 weeks in nov everyone who works here are so nice from the desk people to the handy man and house cleaners always happy and eager to help you or answer questions in anyway the rooms are so nice and clean its better than being home and they make you feel that way too ive stayed all over venice ive been comming down here over 20 years and this place beats every other hotel in every way i only wish i would have found it sooner come down and enjoy this gem in the sand and sun larry secor

Room Tip: ive stayed in most of the different types of rooms they have here they are all great just...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the third time my wife and I have stayed at the Inn by the Beach. I have never been disappointed. Our suite was tastefully decorated, extremely clean, cozy and comfortable. The beds and linens felt like I had slept on boards and sacks all my life. Seriously we love this place. For our purposes it is convenient to family, restaurants, and across from the beach.

We travel a lot for business and pleasure. Last summer we stayed at a 4/5 star hotel in TX that didn't even come close to our stay at the Inn at the Beach. I want to thank the Inn staff for a wonderful time!!

I really can not wait to go there again!! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach have a little more noise. And remember because they face the Gulf, they...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Arrived in Venice after a long flight and was unfortunately not greeted in a welcoming manner by the front desk clerk Cassandra. She was anything but friendly, clearly did not want to be there on a Friday night, and it turned me right off after having read all the glowing reviews of this little place. Moving on to the room - parking was easy, 2nd floor room was clean and a decent size. To be clear about a few things, there is no beach view. Yes, the property is across the street from the public beach, but it is NOT on the beach nor can you see or hear the Gulf. The motel is in a residential neighborhood of mixed dwellings from low income apts to nice homes. Felt very safe and Venice is a quiet, seniors town. The room had a window a/c unit that is louder than a 747. Re the internet, be prepared for it being extremely unreliable and when working, extraordinarily slow. When addressed with the front desk, I was told that it was recently upgraded. Really? My next encounter was, upon laying down to sleep, loud music coming from somewhere that turned out to wake me up early each morning over the next 4 days and made it difficult to get to sleep each night. I called down to the desk and was told that the music was coming from the lobby and it was then turned down - but it always managed to be turned back up a few hours later. No apology, no offer to move me, and, well, very annoying. The motel is, in my opinion, worth, based on extensive travel, $70-90 per night and not a penny more. The pool is very tiny and on the parking lot, the breakfast typical continental - bread and muffins, sugar laden snacks and standard coffee. My main concern for this motel however lies with the staff - from my initial negative experience with Cassandra at check in to the less than friendly interactions with Linda on the phone re the music noise and internet, to the disingenuous nature of Dee in the lobby - overall a less than perfect place as many may have you believe. I am never looking for perfection, just genuine people who, in an establishment, show care and concern for their patrons to try and make their stay as comfortable as possible. For the disappointing reasons above, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not choose 209 or the music from the lobby will keep you up all night. There are no beach view ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!