“Coming back in October 2013!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kon Tiki Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Kon Tiki Motel
You added Kon Tiki Motel to your Saves list
1487 S Tamiami Trail, Venice, FL 34285   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Venice
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Coming back in October 2013!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We didn't know what to expect since the Kon Tiki has no website and not many pictures available but we've been stung on misleading websites too!
The hosts, Jackie and Karl, are very nice and laid back. Very willing to help. We liked our spacious room with all the amenities. The look is rather dated but very clean. If you're looking for a nice mom and pop motel near everything, this is it. Not the Hilton but 1/2 the price! Great for dog owners too. Bringing the dogs in October. The bridge is right there so the horn may blow occasionally when it opens but we didn't hear a thing. There is one smoking room but the others are non-smoking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Madeira Beach, Florid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed a couple nights at the Kon Tiki in Venice and had a great time. The room was clean and spacious with a view of the Venetian Waterway. Fully equipped kitchen(no oven but everything else) We were able to ride out of the parking lot right onto the bike trail. Management very friendly and knowledgeable. Price very good for an expensive part of Florida. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I watched this hotel being built in the early '70s. I was coming back to Venice by boat and this is the only motel with navigable access (it is adjacent to a Marine Max marina) I could find in Venice. I didn't expect too much given the low $80 price. I was wrong. The room was spacious, with a full kitchen and everything was spotless and well maintained. The reason why became obvious when we met the manager. He and his wife live on site and they let nothing go that needs attention.

Motel is close to a road and adjacent to a drawbridge over the waterway. That generates a bit of noise, but didn't bother me while sleeping.

Since we arrived by boat and didn't have a car, only downside is that restaurants were about a mile walk away. The motel manager offered to arrange to get a rental car for us, but we came in too late to make that work.

Room Tip: Only ten rooms so not much difference among them.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

wow! I was completely blown away with this little hidden gem in Venice, FL!! I previously stayed somewhere else in town and I will never stay anywhere else again. I was in town for LPGA qschool at Plantation Golf Club. It's only about a ten minute drive. I chose Kon Tiki based on the great reviews and the very pet friendly remarks! Each unit is it's own bungalow. The units are beyond clean!! hotel is right next to the Venetian Waterway bike path. great place to take the dogs! They only charged $30 for the week for my two dogs and the owner really likes the dogs!! The owner was beyond friendly and accommodating! Felt safe and very cozy during my stay! Make sure you try Gold Rush BBQ down the street! Kon Tiki is just the getaway you are looking for!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a few days in room 7 and we loved it! Everything is close by even the beaches and everyone is so friendly and the rooms are so clean and well kept, the pool was soooooooo nice. Karl, "Thank you" so much for all the helpful tips on the sharks teeth we will be back. ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We spent 2 days with Karl @ Kon Tiki & enjoyed every moment. Even though it is next door to a boat shop, you would never know it. It is tucked in between the drawbridge and boat business and secluded so well. We never heard any noise from either so no issues there! Karl is so kind and accomodating. I love that there are only 10 efficiencies. You usually have the pool to yourselves and eveyone opens up & talks to each other. Not like @ the huge hotels where people don't even bother to say, "hello". Everything was clean & the beaches are very close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 full weeks. We can honestly say that there isn't anything negative about this place in our eyes. Karl, Jackie & Linda couldn't be nicer. They take care of the facility and their guests perfectly. With only 10 efficiencies that are comfortable and spacious, heated swimming pool, central HVAC (no noisy window AC units) and being on the island close to downtown Venice and beaches what more could one ask for. This will be our vacation home from now on.

Room Tip: We were in room 8 that overlooked the swimming pool, intercoastal waterway and draw bridge. When we...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kon Tiki Motel? Share your experiences!