“Won't use Hilton or Hampton Inn again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8565 Cooper Creek Blvd, University Park, FL 34201 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/University Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Fairfax, VA
“Won't use Hilton or Hampton Inn again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I booked the Hampton Inn/University Park for 1 night recently through Booking.com. After some consideration, my wife said that we should stay two nights rather than 1 night. I called the Hampton Inn/University Park directly and booked for an additional night. My Booking.com reservation was cancellable. The young man who booked us for the extra night failed to tell us that he was changing our cancellable booking to a non-cancellable booking. We were going to come to Sarasota on a house hunting trip. After further review, we found that crime in Sarasota was too high and decided to look elsewhere. When I called the desk to cancel the reservation, the young lady at the desk told me that I would be charged. I called Hilton customer service and was told that I would be charged for 1 night, even though the woman at Hilton asked me several times, "Didn't the person at University Park tell you that this was non-cancellable?" Even after I told her that there was no mention of a non-cancellation policy (In fact, his email to me didn't even give a rate, which I now know could have been different from that of Booking.com) the woman at Hilton said, "Well, you'll be charged for 1 night." I find that their mistake and the inflexibility to fix it will result in my wife and I never staying at a Hilton or a Hampton Inn again. We used to enjoy Hilton Garden Inns but the attitude of not fixing their mistake is a bit too much.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear JEP1,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you have experienced such reservation troubles with online travel channel. Please be ensured that we understand the impact on your trip; unfortunately once reservation is made with other travel parties we as Hilton property have no control of their booking policies. Our guests and our service is our top priority and I would like to take a moment and invite you to book with us directly for your future travel needs, we will love having you here and we will make sure your stay is wonderful and service is implacable.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Convenient location for business meetings in Sarasota. Also great because very close to the airport. If driving all day it is great to walk to small shopping center for shopping and dining. Staff was great. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rosalina,

We loved having you here, I'm trilled to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and already looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Plantation, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hampton Inn delivers a consistent product ! There are no surprises. Rooms are always clean and bathrooms are clean . Friendly staff . Breakfast is good and fresh Business Center was very helpful, clean and all Computers and printers worked well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Gabriel,

I'm trilled to see that we are keeping our promise as brand and delivered excellent service. We hope you see you again very soon as we loved having you here!!
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I moved to this hotel as I booked another hotel in Sarasota which turned out to be very poor.

I was very pleased with my stay here. Nice modern rooms that were well decorated, with a nice bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was also good, although I would personally preferred china plates, rather than polystyrene. I liked the very newspaper, too.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

As I didn't have a car, the location was also good, as they were a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Rob,

I'm truly glad that you came to us and we have made your stay enjoyable. Thank You for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. We hope to be your first choice when you come back to this area. We loved having you here!!!
Rochester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

great location with shops and restaurants very near by..hotel was clean, staff nice.. only comment upgrade TVs and add movies on demand ....free breakfasts were a nice feature with a big variety of choices

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear David,

Thank you for taking time leave a note on Trip Advisor as well as your kind words, I will make sure to share with our staff. We loved having you here and hope to see you again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very nice and new Hampton. I recommend it. The price was a bit high but I stayed during Spring Break so everything was high. The room was clean, the service was great and there is a ton of restaurants/shopping within walking distance.

Dear eddieski1,

We loved having you here and it was our pleasure to serve you. Thank You for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor and hurry back to visit us again soon.
Cornish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hampton Inn and suites Sarasota/ Lakewood Ranch is the best for multiple reasons but the number one is the top notch staff.
Accidently I reserved a smoking room. Molly Moore upon check in asked if we were aware. Being a non smoker needless to say I had no desire for a smokers room. The hotel was sold out for the next 2 days so Molly made a call to see if the near by Marriott had rooms and would honor the price we were expecting. They too were full. With her offer to call another she also suggested we check the room as they have a process they do after each stay to minimize the Odor. What they do works very well and we opted to stay until another room opened up.
Molly changed our reservation to be 2 separate one with the plan to move to a non smoking one in 2 days.
Two days later I confirmed the plan with Ivana Lazaro ( General Manager) who was attending the desk. She stated she could do even better and with no additional charge upgraded us to a suite. she also offered to stat clean so we could just move over. ( as we were heading out for the day we did not put that burden on housekeeping)
Other times coming and going all staff were always pleasant, and available to guests
Again, remember this was my error and responsibility.
Ivana goes out of her way as a General Manager to be not only visible but provided us at check in a note with how we could reach her via phone and email if there were any concerns or needs. This was prior to the above situation and is given to all guests. Most times this type of note is done with the hope that no one will use it. Ivana genuinely want your stay to be the utmost best it can and I know will do all she can to make sure it does.
Hotel clean, Breakfast standard.
Only negative is it is not an easy hotel to locate that first time. It took us 2 loops around and then saw signs by accident and we had a GPS! I would suggest something be done regarding that.
Needless to say not only will we be back, but I will highly recommend it to others.
Thanks for making my feel like someone and not just another guest. Ivava and Molly Gold stars!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pvhnh,

I truly appreciate your kind words and amazing review. I will make sure to share with our entire staff and give special kudos to Molly. I'm trilled to see that we have made your stay wonderful and hope to welcome you back soon.

We loved having you here!!!!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!