“The place to stay in the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8565 Cooper Creek Blvd, University Park, FL 34201 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/University Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in University Park
Grand Junction, Colorado
“The place to stay in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

looks like a brand new property and the staff is very friendly and attentive. Everything in the room was clean, fresh, and in working order. The pool area is large and landscaped nicely. The fitness center is one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel of this type. Free weights with two benches, smith machine, elliptical machines, treadmills, rowing machines, and recumbent bike all in great working order. For an active traveler who wants a great stay and a great workout you cant beat this place.Thumbs up all the way around!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Trisporter717,

Please allow me to take a moment and Thank You for staying with us as well as taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

We loved having you here!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in October and had a wonderful experience. This is not your typical Hampton Inn... They had a great breakfast, the rooms were clean, we loved the location and the staff were extremely professional! If you are going to Sarasota - stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear JLyn,

Please allow me to take a moment and Thank You for staying with us and for taking your time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay and already looking forward to be your home away from home during your next trip to the area.
I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our team.

We loved having you here!!!!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Do you like to shop? Plus nice places to eat within walking distance? Maybe a great liquor store? This is the Hampton for you!! LOL I just read what I wrote and cracked myself up. Seriously though, you're in the middle of a mall area with some decent stores to pick from and a short 20 minute ride to Siesta Key or St. Armands. The room was spotless - our favorite find was the little sticky note they leave on each bed saying that your duvet covers were washed! If you're looking for clean, great service, close to the beach but far away enough to offer something else - this is the place to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear flstorms,

Thank You for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such a great time not only here with us at the hotel but also while exploring our area that has so much to offer. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff and we are looking forward to serve you in the near future.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here with my parents in a room with 2 beds for a wedding Nov 3rd-4th. This hotel could not have been more perfect! We were able to get an early check-in to a room which was a BIG help considering we only had about 3 hours before the wedding started. Crystal, at the front desk, couldn't have been more helpful! About 10-15 minutes after checking in we received a knock on the door (I assume from concierge) with a wedding gift basket which was a very nice surprise! At first I thought she had gotten the wrong room but after confirming that we were with the wedding party, we accepted the gracious gift. Even though I understand this was arranged by the wedding party and not the hotel, it was still excellent service.

The room was clean, quiet, and nicely appointed with all the necessary amenities and PLENTY of towels which was great. The AC unit was extremely user friendly as a digital control pad on the wall and cooled or heated the room as we needed relatively quickly.

After being out late from the wedding, it was very hard to get ourselves together the next morning so we called down to the front desk and spoke with Crystal and she was able to arrange a little bit later departure for us which was greatly appreciated.

We had breakfast in the lobby that morning and all the food was delightful except for the "omlettes" which consisted of an egg folded over a piece of unmelted velveeta cheese. That was kinda gross. They might want to re-think their omlette strategy. The hotel did offer just about everything under the sun as far as waffles, bagels, sausage, hard boiled eggs, coffee and flavored creamer, tea, juice, fruit, cereal, muffins. The lounge attendants for the breakfast area were very attentive and did a very good job of keeping the food plentiful and the trash empty.

My mother and I took FULL advantage of the pool the morning of checkout which was absolutely beautiful (and heated!) with the waterfall from the jacuzzi into the pool. We went at about 10:00am and there was hardly anybody there which was nice. We got some much needed mother/daughter time. =) There are towels on site at the pool deck however there are no signs TELLING you that the towels are in the cabinet on the pool deck. If I didn't happen to be curious as to what the cabinet was and opened the doors, we would have never known the towels were there.

We got back up to the room and were able to shower and pack up and get downstairs by our extended departure time. Crystal (again! I don't think the girl ever goes home!) was very helpful in splitting the bill between my parents and I with ease which was very much appreciated.

Overall, I would reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IvanaLazaro, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear CelticDreamer03,

Wow - I'm very happy to see that you had wonderful time with us not only while attending wedding event but also spending quality time with your mom and your family. Thank You for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to share your comments with Crystal as well as the rest of our team.
Comments like yours are helping our team to be more successful and strive for excellence even more.

We loved having you here and looking forward to be your home away from home in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here on business with family in tow. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Very clean. Would recommend spending a few extra dollars for the suite. The pool area was exceptionally nice and breakfast was a great convenience. The staff was very helpful. Love the fact the duvet covers are washed for every guest.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Infogi,

We loved having you here. Thank You for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff as they are huge part of our success.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed not only our property but the area as well.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm a loyal Hiltoneer anyway, but this Hampton Inn & Suites is the finest in Florida. Lots of business travel gives me many data points for comparison. The rooms are outstanding; many $200+ hotels would not favorably compare to the guest rooms and lobby. Very delighted traveler, will find excuses to return,even if I have to travel further for business that day.

Room Tip: great soundproofing, cannot hear interstate noise or nearby shopping plaza at all
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Levi5440,

Thank You for your loyalty and for being part of our Hilton family. I'm glad to see that you had such a great stay with us and appreciate that you have taken time to share your experience with others here on TripAdvisor.
Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I'm looking forward to serve you in the future.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Upon entering the lobby, I was greeted warmly by the manager. Coffee and tea were waiting in the hallway lobby and was fresh all day. My room was perfect, as always in The Hampton style. I stay at The Hampton due to the consistent clean, bright atmosphere from location to location. This location is fun due to the fact that it is within walking distance to a large mall and restaurants. A road with a comfortable running path is just around the corner. Great location at Exit 113 off of 74. Parking is easy. The hotel provides easy luggage pushcarts. This Hampton does not miss a beat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Michele,

It was our pleasure to have you here. Guest feedback is essential to our success and I wanted to take a moment and Thank You for taking time to share your experience here at TripAdvisor.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hoping we will have the opportunity to be your home away from home in the near future.

We loved having you here!!!!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!